Los Angeles, CA
The Development Director (DD) is responsible for developing and leading the long-term and annual strategic plan for a diversified funding stream for CIPC, including individual giving, private and family foundations, government grants, corporate matching, capital campaigns, sponsorships and large-scale events.
Working under the supervision of the Deputy Director of Administration and Finance and with hands on guidance from the Executive Director, the DD is responsible for raising CIPC’s annual operating budget (currently $3.9 million) through a combination of grants, individual donors and peer-to-peer fundraising campaigns. CIPC is a growing organization and the DD will support the Deputy Directors, Executive Director and the Board of Directors in achieving organizational fundraising goals including sourcing new income streams. The DD will assist in recruiting and overseeing contracted workers as needed.
As part of CIPC’s Leadership Team, the Development Director will oversee the Development portfolio and directly supervise the Development Manager. They will also work closely with other members of the Leadership Team to engage program staff across departments.
This position is based in Los Angeles and is temporarily remote due to Covid-19.
· In close partnership with the Executive Director and Deputy Director of Finance and Administration, develop the long term and annual strategic plan for a diversified funding stream that includes grants (foundation, community foundation, corporate), individual donations and major gifts, fundraising events, and sponsorships;
· Track and assess annual Development plan/fundraising campaigns, provide analysis and reporting on progress towards Development priorities and goals;
· Oversee communications with foundations to maintain the current funders and work with the Executive Director and Leadership Team to develop new relationships;
· Manage all submission of grants and reports by designated due dates, including – but not limited to – persuasively writing donor communications and preparing quarterly and annual reports;
· Regularly collaborate with Communications Department to develop marketing collateral and digital fundraising strategies;
· Identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward relationships with local and regional entities and identify new opportunities for partnerships and sponsorships;
· Lead the development of individual giving and major gift program; identify prospective individual and corporate donors and develop strategies to cultivate those relationships, provide support to train staff and Board in these efforts;
· Final approver of the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to government, foundation, and corporate sources. Ensure the compliance of all grant reporting as required by foundation/corporate donors;
· Represent the CIPC at organization functions and events, particularly, fundraising associations and events.
· Passion for the mission of CIPC to advance policies that uphold the humanity of immigrants and refugees while advancing racial, social and economic justice.
· Education and/or Experience – Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of eight years directly related fundraising experience. Master’s degree preferred, but not required.;
· Proven track Record of successfully raising an annual operating budget of $3+ Million;
· Proven experience with building and maintaining foundational relationships and grant writing;
· Proven track record of successful event planning, especially fundraising events;
· Ability to meet deadlines, manage multiple projects, and prioritize well;
· Comfort in fast-paced environment;
· Ability to succinctly and accurately describe organizational work and needs;
· Strategic Thinking – Ability to understand the fundraising trends locally and nationally;
· Experience fundraising for low-income, communities of color preferred;
· Experience in supervising and developing staff;
· Excellent persuasive communications skills (written, visual, oral)
· Experience with and knowledge of computer operation; knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.), and CRM applications;
· Special Requirements – occasional overnight travel within the state is required.
Los Angeles, CA
The Development Director (DD) is responsible for developing and leading the long-term and annual strategic plan for a diversified funding stream for CIPC, including individual…
Salary Range: $80,000 - $85,000 annually
Salary commensurate with experience. CIPC provides a comprehensive benefits package to its employees, including fully employer paid medical, dental, and vision insurance, retirement contributions and paid parking. CIPC has a generous holiday and time off policy including flex time off after busy work periods and an annual winter recess during the last week of December.
Salary Range: $80,000 - $85,000 annually
Salary commensurate with experience. CIPC provides a comprehensive benefits package to its employees, including fully employer paid medical…
Position is open immediately until filled. Please send a cover letter, resume and a writing sample via e-mail with the subject line “Development Director” to selection committee: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we will only be able to respond to short listed candidates. Those candidates will be asked to submit 3 references.
Position is open immediately until filled. Please send a cover letter, resume and a writing sample via e-mail with the subject line “Development Director” to selection committee: hr…