Project Manager I, Outreach and Partnerships
- Job posted by International Association of Chiefs of Police
44 Canal Center Plaza,
REQUISITION NUMBER: 1193
JOB TITLE: Project Manager I, Outreach and Partnerships
Collaborative Reform Initiative Technical Assistance Center
GRADE: Grade (9); Full-time; Exempt
SUPERVISOR: Program Manager
LOCATION: Alexandria, VA
The Project Manager for Outreach and Partnerships will be assigned to the Collaborative Reform Initiative Technical Assistance Center (CRI-TAC). The CRI-TAC provides quality, customized technical assistance (TA) to state, local, territorial, campus, and tribal law enforcement agencies, enabling them to continue to enhance their organizational, public safety, crime reduction, and community policing effectiveness. The CRI-TAC is built around the philosophy that local involvement and accountability are important for ensuring that agencies are able to meet the needs and expectations of their communities and are prepared for the diverse challenges facing law enforcement today.
The IACP leads a powerful coalition of public safety leaders and touches nearly every sector of the law enforcement field. The partner law enforcement organizations formally involved in the project, include:
- Fraternal Order of Police (FOP)
- Major Cities Chiefs Association (MCCA)
- National Association of Women Law Enforcement Executives (NAWLEE)
- International Association of Campus Law Enforcement Administrators (IACLEA)
- Federal Bureau of Investigations National Academy Associates (FBINAA)
- International Association of Directors of Law Enforcement Standards and Training (IADLEST)
- National Organization of Black Law Enforcement Executives (NOBLE)
- National Tactical Officers Association (NTOA)
The CRI-TAC coalition will provide subject matter expertise; share resources and training materials for use in technical assistance delivery; and contribute to outreach, marketing, and membership engagement.
The Project Manager for Outreach and Partnerships, working under the direction of the Program Manager and in collaboration with the CRI-TAC team, will work directly with the partner organizations as administrative support, manage contracts with subject matter experts (SMEs) and service providers, and provide outreach and marketing to the law enforcement field for the CRI-TAC initiative.
The Project Manager duties are to:
- Supervise one (1) Project Coordinator who will provide logistical and administrative support;
- Oversee a database of 250+ SMEs;
- Manage the contracting process for SMEs who are assigned to design and deliver TA to requesting agencies and communities;
- Manage the contracting process for service providers who are delivering training to requesting agencies;
- Assist other team members to identify, recruit, contract, and provide orientation for SMEs for TA delivery;
- Implement the comprehensive marketing and outreach plan and develop new ideas to expand on the current plan;
- Work with eight partner agencies to help develop and deliver marketing strategies for the field;
- Evaluate the impact of marketing and outreach efforts and collect performance metrics data;
- Develop and deliver marketing resources to the law enforcement field;
- Manage all programmatic, administrative and financial activities of the Outreach and Partnerships aspect of the initiative;
- Manage budget and invoicing processes for the eight partner agencies;
- Track and evaluate partner engagement;
- Develop periodic progress reports for funding agency;
- Develop budget, financial forecasting, and monitoring of project expenditures;
- Fully account for contracted services, purchases and expenses incurred by project staff and consultants;
- Assist with technical assistance delivery as needed;
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in subject-relevant field required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years program/project management experience.
- Minimum of two (2) years of staff and/or consultant supervisory experience
- Experience in:
- project management
- staff supervision
- stakeholder management
- consultant agreements/contracts, and
- customer service.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the law enforcement field preferred.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills (both oral and written).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Occasional travel outside the Washington Metropolitan Area is required.
- This is a grant funded position for which continuation funding will be sought.
All interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and salary history.
All cover letters must contain the name of the position being applied for as well as the requisition number. Please note that applications received without all the requested information will not be forwarded for review.
All applications must be received by September 15, 2018.
EXTERNAL CANDIDATES: Please apply using the following URL: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=fe5ffef1-6c09-4889-b9a0-392bec3239ea&jobId=260464&lang=en_US&source=CC3&ccId=19000101_000001
-OR- through our website at www.theiacp.org. EOE M/F
The International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP) offers a generous benefits package to its core staff to include: Competitive Salary; Paid Annual & Sick Leave; 10 paid holidays per year; Health/Vision/Dental Coverage (premiums mostly paid by IACP); Life Insurance/AD&D, 2x salary (100% of premiums paid by IACP); Short & Long Term Disability Coverage (100% of premiums paid by IACP); Parking/Transportation Subsidy; 403 (B) Retirement Savings Plan; Flexible Spending Account – Medical & Dependent Care; Direct Deposit; Free Gym Access
The IACP is an equal opportunity employer. Federal law prohibits discrimination in employment practices on the basis of race, color, religious affiliation, national origin, sex, age, or disability. No information requested on this application will be used for the purpose of excluding any applicant’s consideration for employment because of his or her race, color, religion, national origin, sex, or disability.
Minimum Education Required