The Chesapeake Bay Trust seeks a qualified candidate to serve as an Administrative Assistant. This person will be a key member of a sixteen-person team assisting us to promote public awareness and participation in the restoration and protection of the water quality and aquatic and land resources of the Chesapeake Bay region. This position will be part of our Finance and Administration Team and report to the Operations Manager.
Established in 1985, the Chesapeake Bay Trust is dedicated to promoting public awareness and participation in the restoration and protection of the natural resources of Maryland and the Chesapeake Bay region. Funds from the Bay plate and tax checkoff are combined with other revenue and used to make approximately 400 grants per year ranging from as small as a $100 to as large as $200,000 for projects in the K-12 environmental education, on-the-ground restoration, restoration science, and community engagement realms. In the past decade, the Trust has increased its grant-making four-fold through new partnerships, with current annual grant-making of approximately $13 million.
Database Administration Responsibilities: (approximately 35%)
- Serve as lead grant database administrator
- Provide technical support for applicants and program staff
- Process incoming online applications and requirements
- Serve as lead working with program staff on maintaining and updating: database fields, reporting, forms, correspondence templates, and workflow processes.
Administration and Accounting Responsibilities (approximately 65%)
- Provide support for all Trust meetings, including serving as lead on preparation of materials, scheduling, and drafting meeting minutes for all board related meetings.
- Serve as lead on quarterly awards legislative correspondence.
- Data entry of all donations and payments into the financial management system
- Assist with monthly reconciliation of donations with Development Team
- Data entry of award encumbrances into the financial management system
- Assist with quarterly reconciliation of award encumbrances with Grant Program Team
- Data entry of invoices ready for payment into the financial management system
- Review of all awards submitted for payment
- Process and maintain all payments to awardees and vendors
- Assist with special projects as assigned
Preferred and Required Experience and Skills:
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and handle multiple priorities.
- Experience working with databases strongly preferred: Trust currently uses Blackbaud GoGiftsOnline and AccuFund Accounting Software.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of programs.
- Minimum one year of administrative experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Attention to detail is a must for this position.
The Chesapeake Bay Trust provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age or disability in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. We encourage applications from people of color.
with an excellent health benefits package, 401k and opportunities for related professional development through workshops, training programs, and conferences
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Applications will be reviewed upon receipt and position will remain open until filled. Please send a resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com and place “Administrative Assistant” in the subject line. Your cover letter is the most important piece of your application: In your cover letter, please address your ability to accomplish the duties of the position as listed above. Please do not simply list your previous experience. What makes you a strong candidate for this position?