Details: 40,000.00 / year
West End Residences a provider and developer of Housing for formerly homeless young adults and Seniors seeks an experienced Housing Specialist for its Intergenerational Rsidence on the upper west side of Manhattan. The Qualified applicant should possess but is not limited to the following responsibilities and qualifications.
- In depth knowledge of housing resources for homeless families.
- Develop specific housing opportunities for families in the residence.
- Develop cooperative arrangements with government agencies involved in providing housing for homeless families.
- Meet regularly with residents and assist them in applying for and following through with housing opportunities.
- Maintain all records and reports required by the facility and oversight agencies related to permanent housing goal.
- accompany residents to look for apartments and assist them in interfacing with agencies providing housing.
- Conduct workshops to prepare families to search for apartments, to interview with landlords and to maintain apartments.
- Maintain individual file on all residents including housing history and notice of acquired permanent housing.
Payed vacation, sick days and Holidays
Full Medical Insurance, dental and vision
Level of Language Proficiency
Bi Lingual preferred
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please include resume with cover letter