1111 19th Street Northwest
District of Columbia
Opportunity@Work is a nonprofit social enterprise with a mission to expand access to career opportunities so that all Americans can work, learn, and earn to their full potential in a dynamic economy. Our work is anchored by three pillars: transforming hiring practices, expanding learning pathways, and pioneering talent financing.
Critical to the support and acceleration of this work, Opportunity@Work, as a part of its solutions, is building an online platform (TechHire.Careers) utilizing assessments and volunteer coaches to help individuals showcase their skills so that employers committed to inclusion can discover and hire talent.
About the Role:
The Customer Success team at Opportunity@Work is responsible for the customer journey and success for employers , job seekers, training providers and volunteers as they use Opportunity@Work solutions for skills-based hiring. The Customer Success Associate will support job seekers and employers navigate and use the platform to be successfully hired/hire.
- Via email and in-app communication, respond to customer inquiries and help surface issues
- Capture and share customer feedback & feature requests to the Product team
- Work with Product and Communications teams to create new or refine existing onboarding materials.
- Advocate customer needs/issues across teams and triage customer concerns.
- Coordinate and prioritize tasks, manage and meet timelines and communicate customer status by always tracking and maintaining progress
- Support needs for job seekers and employers in the job search and talent search process
- Good technical and problem solving skills coupled with the ability to provide quick resolution to problems
- Entrepreneurial: thrives in a fast-paced environment and can take initiative to push forward even when there is ambiguity,
- Operational: can explore new concepts and ideas and translate these into operations to drive execution
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated ability to identify customer needs and propose next step solutions when appropriate.
- Proactive attitude: constantly searching for ways to improve, inspire others, and add value
Nice to have:
- Working knowledge of CRMs (Salesforce), project management (Trello), communication and support (Intercom, Slack) tools
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to Apply:
Please submit a resume and short cover letter in PDF by email to email@example.com.
- In your cover letter, please include an answer to why you believe that you would be a good fit for this role in our organization (e.g., your strengths and major contributions that best describe your abilities).
- Subject Line should read “Customer Success Associate”.
- We value past demonstrations of skill above all else. If possible, include samples of previous work (full descriptions of relevant past projects are also highly valued as demonstrations of experience).
We will only review complete applications!
You may also mail your application to:
1111 19th Street NW, Suite 1180
Washington, DC 20036
Attn: HR Generalist
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process.
Opportunity@Work is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce at all levels of the organization. We value and encourage the contributions of our employees and strive to create an environment where everyone can reach their full potential and drive outstanding results. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.