Communications Officer (or Consultant) - New York, Budapest, or Vienna
- Job posted by PILnet: The Global Network for Public Interest Law
Details: Salary commensurate with experience.
120 Wall St 16th Fl
Note: Consultants based in Budapest and Vienna will also be considered
PILnet is an international non-profit organization that is changing the way people think about public interest law. By bringing the public and private sectors of the legal profession together, PILnet protects and asserts the right and responsibility of all lawyers to represent the public interest. With offices and staff in New York, London, Budapest, Moscow, Beijing, and Hong Kong, PILnet is putting the techniques that have historically been used to benefit a powerful few to work for everyone, including the most vulnerable.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Based in New York and reporting to the President and Director of Donor Relations and Stewardship, the Communications Officer promotes PILnet’s mission and brand, interacts with target audiences, and establishes and maintains productive relationships with key stakeholders. He or she will also work closely with the Director of Programs, and other colleagues across PILnet’s offices, to design and implement communications messages and project platforms, including the Global Forum. The ideal candidate should have a proven track record of success in the communications sector or related fields, as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills.
The Communications Officer will apply his or her technical skills, education and experience to:
- Under the supervision of the Director of Programs, oversee communications related to program meetings and conferences, in particular support the planning and implementation of PILnet’s Global Forum. Includes: Oversight of communication planning and implementation, survey preparations, public announcements, development and distribution of all printed and electronic materials; regular coordination with external design professionals.
- Work with the Director of Programs and external consultants to develop and implement new CiviCRM/database.
- Under the supervision of the President, oversee development and implementation of the data protection policy across PILnet’s offices and databases.
- Work with the President and external consultants to redesign PILnet's website.
- Under the supervision of the Director of Donor Relations and Stewardship, work with other staff to draft content for organization newsletter, donor communications, website and social media.
- Collaborate with staff and external communications professionals to produce copy for advertisements, articles, and handbooks.
- Other tasks as requested by Director of Donor Relations and Stewardship or the President of PILnet.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or related field.
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience, preferably in the nonprofit field.
- Project management experience and a track record of delivering projects on time and to budget.
- Entrepreneurial, creative and opportunity-driven mindset.
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to set and execute multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work under pressure, manage competing priorities and maintain a professional approach.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; demonstrated ability to present effectively and persuasively.
- Proficient working in English. Other languages are an asset.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite (Excel, Outlook, Access, etc.) and Google Apps.
Level of Language Proficiency
Proficient working in English. Other languages are an asset.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please send your CV, a sample of work, and a cover letter detailing why you are interested in this position and how you meet the job qualifications to: email@example.com (subject line: “Communications Consultant”).
Applications will be reviewed as received and candidates interviewed on a rolling basis until position is filled. Only applicants shortlisted for interviews will be contacted.