25 West 39th Street
About the Organization:
New American Leaders (NAL) is leading a movement for inclusive democracy by preparing first and second generation Americans to use their power and potential in public office. Headquartered in New York, NAL is a national, nonprofit organization with programs across the country. We have a strong track record of recruiting and training New Americans of diverse race/ethnic backgrounds to run for public office. We also work with New American elected officials across the country who are at the frontline of creating transformative policy environments for educational, economic and political equity.
About the Position:
We are seeking a strategic and creative individual to help us expand our digital footprint, strengthen connections to our alumni and other networks, and help shape our narrative as a leading voice on immigrants and democracy. The Digital Manager reports to the Vice President and collaborates with the communications strategy consultant and program staff across the country.
As Digital Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Actively monitor news, mentions, and online trends to create timely social media content.
- Maintain a consistent brand voice across all channels.
- Collaborate with consultant on creation of digital content including video concepts and blogs.
- Implement social media campaigns and track impact and analytics.
- Develop and test strategies to grow followers and email list.
- Manage growth and maintenance of alumni storybank.
- Work cross-functionally with development and program teams.
- Update website content.
- Assist with database maintenance.
You should have:
- Minimum of 2 years experience with managing digital campaigns and social media accounts.
- Passion for serving immigrant communities and building a multiracial democracy.
- Experience with growing digital audiences, tracking and interpreting social analytics, and implementing creative ways to engage digital audience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and to adapt to quickly changing deadlines and priorities.
- Proficiency with GSuite, Wordpress, Nationbuilder, and Hootsuite preferred.
- Adobe Creative Suite experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of basic HTML and CSS is a plus.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
With your cover letter and resume to: HR@newamericanleaders.org with DIGITAL COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER in the subject line.