The Fund for Public Health in New York City (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), FPHNYC incubates innovative public health initiatives implemented by DOHMH to advance community health throughout the city. It facilitates partnerships, often new and unconventional, between government and the private sector to develop, test, and launch new initiatives. These collaborations speed the execution of demonstration projects, effect expansion of successful pilot programs, and support rapid implementation to meet the public health needs of individuals, families, and communities across New York City.
The Division of Information Technology aims to align technology solutions with the DOHMH mission by prioritizing resource use and deploying innovations that facilitate the agency’s day-to-day activities and enhance staff productivity and efficiency. Our goal is to provide users with a reliable, stable, and safe computing environment, through the collaboration of the Bureau of Technology Strategy & Project Management provides business analysis and IT project management services to define and deliver IT solutions that meet all program needs.
The New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH) is seeking a qualified consultant for Redcap Technical Developer. Our agency’s vital record system requires additional DIT resources to efficiently strategize, manage and support. Our vital records system is a critical component to our COVID-19 response as we continue to build integrations with the Office of Chief Medical Officer and build integration and data sharing capacity with our Disease Surveillance and Case Management systems. DOHMH users that require application support include epidemiologists, data analysts, call center operators, and clinicians.
· The consultant will work with DOHMH staff to properly capture issues and assist with resolution. The consultant will ensure proper follow-up occurs and that all issues are resolved within an estimated timeframe.
· Process COVID-19 related data requests following applicable procedures and document changes in an electronic repository.
· The REDCap admin will perform REDCap (Vanderbilt version) software installations and upgrades, to regularly administer and monitor them and schedule future upgrades, and to ensure system integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing technical solutions (both software and hardware).
· Administer other platforms such as Pentahol, Rhapsody, Jupyterhub, Python, R/RStudio, Tableau, etc.
· The position will also work to maintain a data/media recovery plan that includes regular backups and archiving and develops and promotes standard operating procedures.
· Additional responsibilities include providing training and documentation to users, liaising with vendors and other IT resource partners.
· Acts as the REDCap primary user expert and point of access for the organization while ensuring PHI and HIPAA compliance.
· Develops, delivers, and maintains specific REDCap policies and systems training; Disseminates end-user education and training materials, including hosting office hours, training sessions,
· Executes solutions to end users and aids in the direct integration of technology into research protocols and projects.
· Leads the installation and testing of software upgrades and new features; Performs testing to ensure functionality of new features; Reviews projects for proper user and role configurations to ensure security compliance.
· Ensures data sets are built in a way they will respond correctly for analysis by providing application support guidance; Coordinates and facilitates regular audit activities
· At least 3+ years’ experience in system administration position including but not limited to Pentahol, Rhapsody, Jupyterhub, Python, R/RStudio, Tableau, ArcGIS and RedCap
· Analytical and problem-solving skills – identifying where problems are occurring and netting down the nature of the problem; reporting statuses and progress; following procedures.
· Creating/improving documentation for troubleshooting
· Systems thinking – capability to correlate all essential causes and effects by getting the full picture, understanding the contingencies and pushing the right levers
SALARY AND BENEFITS
FPHNYC offers a comprehensive benefits package. The salary range for this position is commensurate with experience.
There is potential for this position to transition to DOHMH and therefore candidates must meet DOHMH eligibility requirement including NYC residency.
To apply, send Resume, with Cover Letter, including how your experience relates to this position here. We ask that you do not contact our staff directly and no phone inquiries please. Applicants who best match the position needs will be contacted.
The Fund for Public Health in New York City is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages a diverse pool of candidates to apply.
The Fund for Public Health in New York City (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health…