TENDERLOIN FAMILY HOUSING
Job Summary: The Desk Clerk is responsible for maintaining safety and security of the building for all tenants. This position involves extensive interaction with staff, tenants, vendors, law enforcement, community leaders, community group/programs and visitors in compliance with Property Management Policy and House Rules.
Tenderloin neighborhood, San Francisco
Tuesday-Friday, 4:00 p.m. – 12:00 a.m. and Saturday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
DOE; Comprehensive benefits
The Organization: A private non-profit founded in 1977, Chinatown Community Development Center believes in a comprehensive vision of community. We manage 27 affordable housing buildings serving over 2,800 low-income seniors, single adults, formerly homeless adults, and families of diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds in San Francisco’s Chinatown, Tenderloin, Western Addition, and Polk Gulch neighborhoods. We also build housing, develop grassroots leadership, and engage low-income residents and youth. Our employees are passionate about the mission; thrive in a family organizational culture; and embody values of empowerment, teamwork, and compassion. Chinatown CDC serves a diverse population and is committed to hiring practices that provide culturally competent services. We encourage people of color to apply.
General Job Responsibilities:
- Screen all visitors who enter and leave building in compliance with Property Management’s Policies and Procedures as well as applicable House Rules.
- Update the visitor log, daily log, and other front desk forms, file when needed
- Review security camera footage and report what is seen on incident report for Manager.
- Log tenant packages upon arrival and distribute as needed.
- Screen incoming phone calls and route calls to staff or take detailed messages for staff to return
- Report House Rules violations on correct form and deliver to the Property Manager
- Enforce Lease Violation provisions, as per Property Manager’s instruction
- Report all building emergencies to the Property Manager/Resident Manager and/or Property Supervisor and respond as directed, or as needed, in the absence of Property Manager or Property Supervisors
- Maintain orderliness of the front entrance, lobby, and adjoining rooms/areas
- Post and distribute tenant notices or give verbal messages to tenant
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Pleasant and professional manner
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to function under stressful circumstances
- Willingness to do varied tasks
- Calm disposition
- Ability to work with people of diverse social, economic, and ethnic backgrounds
- Strong problem solving skills
- Sensitivity to issues facing homeless, mentally ill, disabled, and elderly populations
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Prior experience with security and/or reception work
- Familiarity with Tenderloin neighborhood, preferred prior experience working and/or living here
- Familiarity with fire panels and emergency procedures (fire, earthquake, active shooter)
- Bilingual in English, Arabic, Chinese, Russian and/or Spanish languages
- Minimum 6 months to 1 year experience with security cameras programs, be able to review and download footage
- Ability to navigate Windows software programs: Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please click on the link below or visit our website www.chinatowncdc.org to complete an online application.