Middle School Humanities/Science Special Education Teacher and IEP Coordinator
- Job posted by Brooklyn Prospect Charter School
300 Willoughby Avenue
Brooklyn Prospect Charter School is seeking an engaging and collaborative Middle School Humanities/Science Special Education Teacher and IEP Coordinator for the 2018-2019 school year.
As a Special Education Teacher, you will work closely with subject area teachers to plan, execute, and improve dynamic lessons that are individualized so as to leverage student strengths and provide maximum results.
This is an ideal position for someone with a commitment to Special Education, a tenacious spirit, and with the belief that all students are capable of high achievement.
Brooklyn Prospect Charter School is a K-12 college preparatory community where excellent teachers prepare a diverse student body to have a positive impact on society and a lifelong passion for learning.
Our Core Values are:
- Curiosity: Develop sound judgment and intellect by asking questions confidently and thinking critically
- Respect: Value others by taking a local and global perspective and appreciating differences
- Persistence: Grow and learn by solving problems with determination, creativity and tenacity
- Passion: Succeed by approaching challenges with excitement, enthusiasm and self assurance
As part of the Brooklyn Prospect Team, you will enjoy a full-time position with a competitive salary, full medical, dental, and vision benefits, 401(k) with employer match, and working in a supportive and collaborative environment.
We are a growing organization and opportunities for development and success are readily available.
As part of a growing organization, the Learning Specialist will play a vital role in curriculum development and the overall success of our special needs students.
As a Special Education Teacher, you will:
- Work closely with our school Principal, Department Head, and subject teachers
- Teach 1 section of Humanities ICT and 1 section of Science ICT
- One section release to serve as IEP Coordinator
- Help to create, track, and implement relevant and engaging coursework
- Create strategic plans and interventions to help students achieve individual learning goals
*The critical features of this job are described above but not all encompassing.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Master’s is preferable
- A Valid New York State Teaching Certification in Special Education
- Experience working with diverse populations and special needs populations
- Strong understanding of Special Education laws
- Strong sense of accountability and ownership
- Strong collaborative and communication skills
- Strong problem solving and conflict resolution skills
Interested candidates must include a resume and cover letter, including how you learned about the position, and specify for which position you are applying.
Applications will be reviewed as received. Please note that due to the high volume of applicants, we will only be able to notify those who meet our selection criteria.
Brooklyn Prospect is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes candidates of diverse backgrounds.
- Salary is competitive with NYC Department of Education (“DOE”).
- Full-Time position in a collaborative environment
- Pre-tax 401k, commuter and medical/dental/vision benefits
Minimum Education Required