THE NATIONAL NETWORK FOR SAFE COMMUNITIES AT JOHN JAY COLLEGE (NNSC) seeks a full-time Executive Assistant to provide personalized secretarial, administrative, and operational support to the Director. Ideal applicants must have the ability to work under pressure while handling a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
NNSC supports cities to implement and advance proven strategies that reduce violence and improve public safety, minimize arrest and incarceration, strengthen communities, and improve relationships between law enforcement and communities.
- Manage an extremely active calendar of appointments, and serve as point-of-contact and "gatekeeper" for meetings and events to both internal staff and external VIPs, partners, etc.
- Fulfill a broad variety of administrative needs including telephone calls; preparing correspondence; photocopying; and arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas
- Research, prioritize, and follow up on issues and concerns addressed to the executives, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature
- Successfully complete critical aspects of project deliverables with a hands-on approach including producing written material and other tasks that facilitate the executives' ability to lead the company
- Communicate directly on behalf of the executives
- Greet visitors to the organization in a professional and friendly manner
We are looking for an entrepreneurial, highly-motivated individual with excellent organization skills; strong attention to detail; and an ability to independently prioritize and simultaneously handle multiple tasks. Additional requirements include:
- Bachelor's degree
- Prior experience as an executive assistant, with experience simultaneously supporting multiple executives preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including confidence, tact, and nuance, critical for correspondence with senior political and law enforcement personnel
- Strong collaborative skills and the ability to interact with other office staff at all levels in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
Salary commensurate with experience.
- Insurance: Health, dental, vision, and life insurance.
- Time Off: 16 paid holidays, 15 days of annual leave, 4 personal days, 20 sick days.
- Retirement: 8% employer contributions after 1 year of employment, with employees vested after 3 years of employment; employees can also make employee contributions immediately upon hire.
- CUNY Tuition Reimbursement: Reimbursement of credits for courses taken at any CUNY institution.
- Summer Fridays from July 4th through the end of August.
- Voluntary one-day-a-week remote work option.
- $1,000 per year available to support independent pursuit of professional development opportunities.
- Free New York Times and Wall Street Journal subscriptions.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to Apply
Visit https://nnscommunities.org/join-the-network/careers/apply. Cover letter and resume required.
The Research Foundation of City University of New York (RFCUNY) is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Americans with Disabilities Act/Protected Veterans Status/E-Verify Employer.