Details: Competitive based on qualifications
886 Westchester Avenue
Ground Floor Suite
The Life Skills Coordinator (LSC) – Supportive Communication Program provides case management and supportive counseling for the participants of the St. Ann’s Corner of Harm Reduction, Inc. (SACHR), assesses referrals, and participates in case reviews via weekly care management groups and one-on-one meetings.
The Life Skills Coordinator will possess good knowledge of harm reduction philosophy, engagement skills, and cultural competence with experience providing support and direction to those actively using substances and engaging in high risk drug and sexual behavior. The LSC will possess knowledge of the general sociological, economic and environmental conditions contributing to positive development and thorough understanding of both the social determinants of health and focused on achieving the triple aim of healthcare reform of improving the experience of individual care, improving the health of the community, reducing the per capita cost of care.
The Life Skills Coordinator will complete a life skills assessment on each participant and plan an individualized treatment plan for the participant as well as other required documentation. The plan will identify and address key areas that affect the individual, to ensure that a plan to address those areas is implemented to move the participant towards self-sufficiency and thriving. Day to Day guidance is offered to the participants by the Life Skills Coordinator. S/he may accompany participants to appointments as needed.
The schedule for the LSC will vary between days and evenings, as needed to meet the program requirements to meet with each participant.
Essential Job Functions:
· Provide leadership to assist the participants to increase their independent life skills for navigating health care and employment.
· In conjunction with the Program Managers and Social Workers, the LSC will develop and maintain relationships with collaborative partners, including health care, public benefits, housing, etc. to ensure successful partnerships and linkages by being the contact/point person.
· Conduct assessments, intakes and other documentation pertinent to entering participants into SACHR programs.
· Implement and facilitate a life skills curriculum for vocational success; including socialization, skills building, and enrichment activities and competent, appropriate helping strategies.
· Maintain accurate documentation of participant’s progress and engagement in SACHR programs.
· Compile and submit program reports as scheduled or as requested.
· Complete thorough and accurate Individual Service Plan (ISP) Reports periodically as required.
· Plan for processes to support the participants in enhancing their overall life skills, educational and/or employment goals and strategies, and health care maintenance/medication adherence.
· In conjunction with the Program Managers, plan, develop, and coordinate for effective activities for participant engagement.
· Monitor participants’ attendance to referred organizations/providers, etc.
· Monitor participants’ medical, public benefit, housing, and educational/employment referrals and appointments.
· Education: Minimum-Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services or a related field required. Master’s Degree in Social Work preferred.
· Experience: Two years’ coaching experience In social service organizations. Excellent working knowledge of the compendium of issues related to those engaged in substance use and high risk sexual behaviors.
· Special Skills: Demonstrated professional/career success in navigating institutional and social barriers. Cultural competency sensitivities to the unique characteristics of the variety of populations served is essential. Uncompromising advocacy for the dignity and worth of each person and their right to life choices.
Good working knowledge of the systems that affect the participants including the shelter system, welfare system, educational system (public school, higher education, GED programs, etc.), health system, behavioral health system, employment development, law enforcement, etc.
St. Ann’s Corner of Harm Reduction, Inc. (SACHR) is an equal opportunity employer and is strongly committed to diversity. SACHR does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, sex, class, disability, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, or any protected class of persons.
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluency in Spanish is preferred.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a responsive cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference Life Skills Coordinator in the subject line of your email.