Our Multi-Tier Systems Support (MTSS) Team serves all students, including across all disabilities (mild, moderate, and severe), through an innovative approach that includes coaching and deep partnership with our general education partners, integrated special education (ISE) partners, school leaders, and related service providers. To best serve our Rocketeers and meet their needs, we work to serve students across all areas of need: academic, social-emotional, and behavior.
Based in the San Jose, CA area and reporting to the Associate Director of Social Emotional Learning, the Manager of CareCorps will work to design integrated student support by addressing out-of-school barriers to learning through partnerships with social and health service agencies and providers. They will work to gain family and community engagement by securing partnerships & resources for adults in relation to educational opportunities, such as ESL classes, green card or citizenship preparation, computer skills, etc. The Manager of CareCorps will manage the complex joint work of multiple school and community organizations. The Manager of CareCorps will also work to design a program to address chronic absenteeism.
The Manager of CareCorps will serve as the manager of the Community Schools Coordinators at the 13 school sites across San Jose, Redwood City, Concord, and Antioch. The Manager of CareCorps will partner closely with the principals to ensure effectiveness of the Community Schools Coordinator.
This position requires previous training and experience working with outside community resources. It requires a knowledge of the Rocketship community. It requires a knowledge of local partnerships. It requires skills in the areas of program design, project management, influence, and ability to build relationships with key stakeholders. This position requires managerial experience as well as experience interacting effectively with school-level administrators, and parents and families.
- Duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Design, develop, and execute implementation of a wrap around program for families across our 13 Bay Area school sites in order to support students with the highest level of need
- Develop partnerships with external stakeholders and community resources related to housing, budgeting, career and education, immigration, childcare, health care, and more
- Identify and secure resources that support the various needs of Rocketeers (health, dental, financial, immigration, etc.); Manage relationships with external stakeholders providing services in Rocketship schools
- Design, develop, progress monitor, and oversee implementation of a program to address chronic absenteeism across our 13 Bay Area school sites
- Design and lead a vision for addressing attendance across all tiers including goal setting, executing, and progress monitoring
- Develop and lead a high performing team of carecorps coordinators toward supporting schools and school leaders in ensuring exceptional outcomes for students and families with unique learning, social-emotional, and behavioral needs; model and sustain a culture of high performance and service orientation among team members
- Attract, hire, train, and motivate a team of highly skilled and driven individuals who execute at the highest level of excellence and consistent with the culture and mission of the organization; oversee training and support for all Rocketship carecorps coordinators
- Design and execute staff professional development opportunities related to community resources and chronic absenteeism for a range of audiences (families, office managers, school leaders, family partnership, central NeST, etc.).
- Design and lead regular team meetings and routines, inspiring and supporting carecorps coordinators to support the vision for CareCorps in Rocketship schools
- Conduct home visits as needed and as applicable to support families with access to supports
- Design and lead weekly individual and group supervision for community schools coordinators seeking licensure (if applicable)
- Ensure compliance of community schools coordinators hours, documentation, and needed credentials; fill in services during any extended absence of a community schools coordinator (if applicable)
- In collaboration with School Leaders and Central NeST Team, develop partnerships by establishing and implementing protocols to manage and maintain quality, deep and focused partnerships such that everyone on the school site is working towards common goals for student success and wellness.
- Maintain a close working relationship with other members of the Network Support Team (NeST—Rocketship’s centralized office that operates in support of its schools and regions), school directors, family partnership, ISE Team, other MTSS Team members, and all school staff (teachers, school leaders, support staff, etc.)
- Ensure the MTSS Team is viewed as positive supports to the organization’s mission that are fully aligned with Rocketship’s Core Characteristics (Innovation, Pursuit of Excellence, Authenticity, Community, and Tenacity), and not as bureaucratic obstacles to serving the needs of the students
- Required: Master's degree, or higher, in Social Work
- Required: Ability to supervise Social Work Interns (highly preferred)
- Required: Fluent in Spanish or Vietnamese
- Required: Possession of social work licensure as dictated by the California Board of Behavioral and Social Sciences or relevant state licensing board
- PPS Credential in Social Work (highly preferred)
- 5+ years of community outreach experience supporting parents who have experienced trauma and/or crises (e.g., homelessness, domestic violence), and have deep knowledge of the resources available to families.
- 5+ years providing mental health services in school-based settings
- 2+ years of management and leadership experience (highly preferred)
- Experience working with students with a range of disabilities (learning disabilities, emotional and behavioral disorders, autism, etc.) (preferred)
- Familiarity with special education, IEP team participation and educationally related mental health services and the delivery of such services ( preferred)
- Commitment to Rocketship’s special education inclusion model and overall mission to close the achievement gap within our lifetime
- Communicator with strong writing and public speaking skills, and feel comfortable leading and facilitating large groups
- Coach and advocate for others in a way that is compassionate, strength-based and non-judgmental
- Embody empathy and embrace cultural differences; you recognize and know how to navigate groups and individuals representing a range of needs, abilities and socioeconomic backgrounds
- Balance multiple priorities - meeting with families, preparing for sessions, entering data - gracefully and with practiced personal organization and time management
- Natural problem solver, fixer and finder of resources; in moments of tension, you defuse and resolve conflict
- Extremely self-aware and self motivated, and have a strong desire to learn.
- Comfortable in ambiguity and environments that change rapidly
- Recognize that working with families often requires work on evenings and weekends
- Familiarity with socio-emotional learning competencies, trauma informed education practices, multi-tiered systems of supports (MTSS), and restorative practices a plus
- Strong organizational skills as demonstrated by the ability to effectively manage multiple tasks
- Thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment Ability to be flexible and adaptive in a work environment that is still evolving
- Perform a variety of specialized and responsible tasks: maintain records, establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with students, parents, other school personnel, meet schedule and compliance deadlines
- Possession of a valid California driver’s license: willingness to provide own transportation in conduct of work assignments as you will be required to travel from site to site to work with students and faculty at all sites (mileage reimbursed)
- The Manager of CareCorps position will work on the NeST calendar, which includes paid time and holidays.
- Salary is competitive for the area based on education and experience.
- Rocketship provides a competitive benefits package including a 403(b) retirement program, flexible spending account (FSA), medical/dental benefits, partial reimbursement for mileage and phone, paid time off, and professional development opportunities.