2002 N. Florida Avenue
This position provides intensive case management of approximately 20 families that are being serviced through our Housing Program and/or those housed through Homeless Prevention.
- Performs case-management activities with all clients housed in the community and rapid re-housing programs, including working with clients to determine client plan, goals, biopsychosocials, funding streams, and coordinates and performs regularly scheduled home visits. Maintains client case notes, history and data through HMIS (Unity) utilizing best practices for keeping client information confidential.
- Works with Client Care team to assist clients moving into non-Ministries housing in the community. Performs client assessments to determine services and resources available to meet client needs. Refers clients to appropriate services based on their needs.
- Works as a partner with Homeless Recovery Program and the Homeless Coalition and attends all partner meetings. Assists in the development and administration of the housing program. Maintains and updates all housing materials and forms as needed.
- Cultivates relationships with landlord and utility providers in each county. Acts as a liaison between clients and landlords.
- Generates and compiles client outcomes and reports within Unity and Excel for reporting to funders for program.
- Act as a liaison between the Volunteer Services Team and the Client Care team to coordinate volunteers for the Housing Program. Train and manage interns and/or volunteers to ensure that the services provided meet program policy requirements. Attends counseling/intern meetings.
- Visit and meet with community service providers, service organizations and institutions which prove beneficial to the maintenance of self-sufficient living by Outreach clients and/or Uplift U participants.
- Participate in Metropolitan Ministries’ holiday efforts including Morgan’s Park. Participate in Bridge Builders and other fund raising events when needed.
- Support the team in other tasks as assigned and attend all team meetings. Meet personal goals and actively contribute to the achievement of the team and organizational targets/goals as stated on the Balanced Scorecard and in the annual plan. Support Outreach extended hours as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Social Work required; Master’s degree preferred or 5 years equivalent working experience
Requires heart for ministry. Requires understanding of poverty, a high degree of maturity, strong inter-personal skills and the ability to work with low socio-economic and diverse populations facing crisis situations in a professional and diplomatic manner. Ability to deescalate clients on the edge of verbal or physical violence. Ability to work as part of a team within a multi-disciplinary framework. Demonstrates computer literacy with knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel. Requires oral and written communication skills and the ability to write reports and conduct and participate in meetings.
Must have adequate hearing and speaking ability as to take part in and provide sound oral communication and information. Must be capable of working outdoors in sunlight and higher temperatures on occasion. Must have the physical, emotional, and spiritual stamina to handle job-related issues and stress. Must be able to lift 20 lbs or more.
Must demonstrate legal authorization to work in the United States. Must pass required background pre-employment screening. Must be able to communicate effectively in English. Requires a valid driver’s license, a clean driving record and the ability to qualify for the Ministries’ driving program.
This is a part-time position at 20 hours per week in between the hours of 8:30 -5 pm, Monday through Friday.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply by going to the following link: