2018-19 INSTRUCTIONAL AIDE AT KIPP BAY AREA PUBLIC SCHOOLS (OAKLAND, REDWOOD CITY, SAN FRANCISCO)
- Job posted by KIPP Bay Area Public Schools
Details: salary commensurate with experience
About KIPP Bay Area Public Schools
KIPP is a non-profit network of 224 college-preparatory, public charter schools across the country educating early childhood, elementary, middle, and high school students. KIPP schools are united by a common mission, a commitment to excellence, and a belief that if we help children develop the academic and character strengths they need for college and choice-filled lives, they will be able to build a better tomorrow for themselves, for their communities, and for us all.
There are currently 15 KIPP schools across the Bay Area educating nearly 6,000 students in East Palo Alto, Oakland, San Francisco, San Lorenzo, San Jose, and Redwood City and supporting over 3,000 alumni around the country.
Under the direction of the School Leader or other certificated employee, the Instructional Aide will assist by performing a variety of instructional support duties to individual or small groups of students within the special education setting or regular classroom. These duties shall be designed to complement the instructional program to maximize the learning opportunity for the inclusion student. The Instructional Aide will also assist in the establishment and implementation of appropriate classroom and school-wide behavior and perform a routine of clerical tasks as assigned.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Under the direction of the Lead Teacher, work with students in small groups or in one-to-one assignments to tutor, reinforce, or follow up learning activities in core academic, language, and/or specialized subject areas.
- Assist in establishing and maintaining a clean, safe, and cooperative classroom and learning environment.
- Prepare and set up instructional materials and/or equipment for use in classroom activities; maintain instructional material and equipment.
- Assist classroom teachers in creating curriculum modifications for students.
- Provide testing accommodations, including supervising students completing tests in a separate location or during an extended time.
- Review and correct student work assignments.
- Assist in the implementation of behavior intervention plans which may involve use of approved positive reinforcement strategies, behavior modification, other skills or knowledge to establish and maintain appropriate behaviors.
- Facilitate and support social interactions and foster the development of positive relationships between students with disabilities and their non-disabled peers.
- Assist all students by modeling appropriate behavior and attitudes and providing emotional support and general guidance.
- Support students to be active participants on field trips and school assemblies or productions.
- Support students in community- based life skills activities such as using public transportation, shopping, and ordering food as directed by Education Specialist.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
Qualifications and Desired Characteristics:
- Paid or volunteer experience working with or serving individuals with exceptional needs or behavioral deficits is preferred.
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
- Excellent organizational, planning, and implementation skills.
- Ability to manage the ambiguity and multiple priorities inherent in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with multiple constituencies.
- Detail-oriented team player willing to roll up sleeves and get the job done.
- Unquestioned integrity and commitment to KIPP Bay Area Public Schools and our students.
We are dedicated to you and your family's well-being! KIPP offers a competitive salary as well as comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and transportation benefits. Although KIPP does not post salary scales, we are happy to walk candidates through the compensation package.
Questions? Email Ryan Weidmann at firstname.lastname@example.org.
KIPP Bay Area Schools does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, ethnicity, color, national origin or ancestry, cultural background, religious creed, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital/registered domestic partner status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, primary language, citizenship or immigration status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply for the position here: http://jobs.jobvite.com/kippbayarea/job/o3Tr8fwf