36-49 11th Street
Mission Statement: Growing Up Green Charter School empowers children to be conscious, contributing members of their community through a rigorous curriculum and an engaging green culture. Graduates of GUGCS will be prepared to attend high-performing schools where their interdisciplinary academic foundation, knowledge of sustainability, and strong sense of self sets them apart as leaders of the future.
• Implement GUGCS curricular programs
• Collaborate with grade team to integrate curriculum across subject areas
• Use the Responsive Classroom/Developmental Designs model for community-building and behavior management strategies
• Differentiate instruction to meet the needs of all learners
• Adhere to subject specific grade-wide pacing calendars
• Maintain organized records of anecdotal notes and assessments
• Administer formal interim assessments and informal ongoing assessments, conferencing, end-of-unit rubrics, student portfolios, etc.
• Use data collected on assessments to modify unit plans, inform groupings, and to support student referrals
• Participate in grade team and curricular planning meetings
• Create and maintain an engaging and organized physical classroom environment, making learning accessible to all students
• Establish and maintain ongoing positive relationships with families
• Actively participate in school community through weekly staff meetings, PD opportunities, staff committees, school events, etc.
• Work with instructional coach on specific goals throughout the year
• Respond productively to ongoing, year-round professional feedback
• Work closely with Special Education department (learning specialists, interventionists, service providers) to best support student learning
• Use weekly lesson plans to help drive instruction in a clear manner
• Create units of study using Understanding by Design (UBD) practices
• Lead a daily advisory group
• Demonstrate commitment to working with diverse populations of families and students, including those at-risk
• Strong commitment to Growing Up Green Charter School's mission and green theme
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a team of teachers
• Knowledge of Responsive Classroom and/or Developmental Designs
• Experience in environmental education a plus
• Experience with technology integration
• Excellent organizational skills
• Master's Degree required
• At least two years classroom teaching experience in the middle school grades
Required Certificates & Licenses: Teaching certificate, NYC DOE/Fingerprinting & Background Clearance
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Growing Up Green is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage and value a diverse workforce, and we seek diversity among applicants for this position.
Please apply online, directly through the GUGCS website and application.
ONLINE: Please follow this link to apply online.
FAX: (347) 642-4310
Growing Up Green, Attn: School Leaders
36-49 11th Street
Long Island City, NY 11101
No phone calls please.
For more information about our school, please check our website: www.gugcs.org