733 Third Avenue
Since 1884, Madison has been saving and enhancing the lives of youth by providing youth development services for children in New York City’s most disadvantaged communities. Our programs are engineered to empower each member to achieve three priority outcomes: Academic Success, Good Character & Citizenship, and the adoption of a Healthy Lifestyle. Every day, Madison provides thousands of children with a safe and positive environment, one where fun is encouraged and positive role models are plentiful. A founding member of Boys & Girls Clubs of America, Madison currently serves more than 5,000 youth, ages 6 to 18, at four sites throughout Brooklyn and the Bronx. We are offering an exciting opportunity for Special Events Manager at our Headquarters located in New York, NY.
The successful candidate will support logistics, planning, and event management for Madison's fundraising events, to increase overall support and expand the donor base. The position’s responsibilities include implementation of key event logistics and timetable communication management, and providing administrative support to the development team and volunteer leadership.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct research on vendors, venues, and other event aspects as needed.
- Cultivate relationships with existing and new partners.
- Provide logistics support and assist with marketing efforts; ensure that appropriate resources are available for independent events.
- Assist in tracking event financials, attendance, guest lists, and seating assignments.
- Work with other Madison staff to market and track event outcomes.
- Coordinate the solicitation, organization, and presentation of silent and live auction items.
- Support the research, identification, cultivation and solicitation of event chair, committee members and honorees
- Draft text for solicitations, invitation, acknowledgements, program journal and event appeal
- Create an acknowledgment, cultivation and recognition plan for honorees and co-chairs
- Coordinate and manage event timelines, logistics, budget and financial records for all special events
- Source venue and necessary vendors
- Ensure event fundraising actions are tracked and recorded in the donor database
- Manage all logistics for events, including facilities, transportation, contracts, seating charts event timelines, and production schedules
- Evaluate overall results of special events campaigns; provide recommendations, modifications and new approaches to support successful achievement of department and organizational goals
- Perform ad hoc projects to support the mission of the overall organization
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field.
- Three to five years of experience in marketing, fundraising, or event planning.
- Skilled at working with diverse groups of people.
- Experience in managing grassroots fundraising events.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Experience working with a fast-paced, mission-focused nonprofit environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a collaborative team showing both strong initiatives to reach individual goals as well as supports the overall team goals
- Ability to ‘manage up’ and support senior staff/Board members and ‘manage across’ to colleagues in achieving projects on deadline
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and superior attention to detail
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with club staff, board members, volunteers, community groups and third party representatives
- Knowledge of Raisers Edge and Microsoft Office Suite
We offer a professional work environment, competitive salary, benefits package including 403(b) and pension plan. For immediate consideration, please e-mail resume and cover letter along with salary requirements as an attachment in MS Word or Adobe PDF format to:
Minimum Education Required