The American College of Medical Genetics and Genomics is an organization composed of biochemical, clinical, cytogenetic, medical and molecular geneticists, genetic counselors and other health care professionals committed to the practice of medical genetics. ACMG was incorporated in 1991 to give national representation to providers of genetic services and their patients with genetic disorders and to speak for the emerging specialty of medical genetics in organizations and agencies concerned with medical service, certification, and regulatory issues. The ACMG provides education, resources, and a voice for the medical genetics profession and its mission is to improve health through genetics and genomics.
About the Opportunity
ACMG is seeking a recent-graduate to work as the NCC/NBSTRN Administrative Assistant, who directly reports to the NCC and NBSTRN Project Managers. This role will spend 50% working with all members of the NCC team as well as members of the seven HRSA Regional Genetics Networks. The other 50% of the role will be spent providing support to all NBSTRN team members and partners.
The mission of the Newborn Screening Translational Research Network (NBSTRN) https://nbstrn.org/ is to improve the health outcomes of newborns with genetic or congenital disorders by means of an infrastructure that allows investigators access to robust resources for newborn screening research.
The mission of the seven HRSA Regional Genetics Networks (RGN), it's National Coordinating Center (NCC), and the National Genetics Education and Family Center (NGEFC) is to improve the availability, accessibility, and quality of genetic services and resources for medically underserved individuals having, or at risk for, genetic conditions and their families across the lifespan.
- Provides administrative support for the NCC and the NBSTRN team
- Serves as the primary note taker for project conference calls and meetings
- Schedules conference calls
- Tracks ongoing project lists and deadlines
- Conducts various internet research projects
- Maintains database records in membership database (iMIS)
- Runs reports from database, Excel, or other systems
- Assists in preparing for project meetings (ie roster development, printing materials, scheduling travel, etc)
- Maintains updated electronic filing syste
- Works with other departments (meetings and finance) to complete projects
- Staffs the exhibit booth at conferences and meetings as needed
- Serves as back-up for office receptionist, as needed
- Creates social media content to all relevant social media networks (ie. Facebook and Twitter)
- Takes on other miscellaneous typing, data entry, organization and assistance with major projects as assigned
- Technical Capacity: high proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint; working knowledge of Microsoft Visio a plus
- Experience with HTML/websites or other Content Management Software a
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- Thoroughness Creativity
- Critical Thinking
- Collaboration Skills
- Communication (oral and written) Proficiency
- B.A. or B.S., required (or equivalent work experience)
- Demonstrated interest in Public Health, Genetics, or Biology (either through coursework or related work experience)
- Proficiency in all MS Office products
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
Potential travel to local DC area day/two-day long meetings as well as ACMG Annual Meeting, up to 6 other meetings in support of exhibit booth staffing, and as may be needed.
BENEFITS AND SALARY
The hourly salary for this non-exempt, full-time position shall be commensurate with the candidate’s skill and experience. ACMG offers a competitive benefits package.
This is a largely sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see and lift small objects up to 30 lbs. May require the ability to travel domestically.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send your resume, cover letter, and writing sample (one to two pages) and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line, Administrative Assistant. Only competitive candidates will be contacted and invited to participate in the selection process. No phone calls please. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.