1201 16th Street Northwest
District of Columbia
This position is an excellent opportunity for an individual to grow their professional fundraising expertise, in a fast-paced development office, as we embark on exciting special anniversary year initiatives. Reporting to the Vice President of Development , the Development Associate provides administrative and program support for day-to-day development operations, including donor prospect research, development of proposal and report content, gift acknowledgment, database administration, and other duties as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prospect Research and Management: Conduct research on corporate, foundation and individual donor prospects, prepare prospect briefings, and assist with tracking of prospect activity.
- Donor Communications: Produce copy for donor/sponsor communication pieces, manage donor communications calendar, work with Database Coordinator to ensure timely and appropriate recording and acknowledgement of contributions, and interact with prospects and donors via phone and email as assigned.
- Proposal and Report Development: Generate content for donor/sponsor proposals, applications, and related collateral materials, as well as stewardship reports to current funders.
- Gala: coordinate implementation of Gala work plan, including sponsor and other donor communications and tracking of contributions and pledges against fundraising targets.
- Administrative support: organize and maintain donor and prospect files; create and generate giving reports via donor database management software.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
- BA/BS degree or equivalent and 1-2 years of related experience.
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite programs and experience with database management.
- Fully embraces the mission and values of the NEA Foundation
The Foundation offers an outstanding benefits package.
Minimum Education Required