The Institute for Energy Economics and Financial Analysis (IEEFA) is seeking an Office Administrator for our Lakewood, OH office. We are looking for an upbeat, enthusiastic and experienced professional with an interest in IEEFA's mission to accelerate the transition to a diverse, sustainable and profitable energy economy and to reduce dependence on non-renewable energy resources.
The Office Administrator serves as a critical support resource for IEEFA’s core team and global network and ensures the success of the organization by maintaining an efficiently run central office and robust infrastructure. The Office Administrator is part of a focused and collaborative team focused on excellence in service to IEEFA’s mission.
Roles and Responsibilities
· General office maintenance and upkeep, including ordering and maintaining necessary office supplies, equipment and services.
· Receiving and sending communications by phone, email and postal mail; fielding inquiries and directing information requests to the appropriate contact person.
· Assisting IEEFA’s executive director, its communications team and its analysts in scheduling remote meetings, webinars and events.
· Accounts payable work, including receiving and processing invoices, reconciling credit cards and bank statements and entering relevant information into Quickbooks.
· Data entry and physical and electronic filing related to matters such as grants management, contracts, contact lists, reports, mailing lists and IEEFA’s editorial calendar.
· Posting reports, commentaries and other materials to IEEFA’s WordPress website.
· Assisting in keeping internal IEEFA documents such as directories, mailing lists and policy manuals up-to-date.
· Assisting in hiring processes and orientation sessions for new IEEFA team members.
· Working with the IEEFA team to develop and maintain the invitation list for our annual Energy Finance conference.
· Organizing logistical arrangements for quarterly team meetings held in New York City (when this becomes possible), along with other IEEFA meetings and events.
· Maintaining confidentiality and using appropriate judgement in handling information.
· Data gathering for organizational analytics.
· Maintaining IEEFA research and software subscriptions.
· Other duties as assigned.
· A minimum of one year of experience effectively meeting the administrative needs of a fast-paced office.
· A minimum of one year (30 credits) of post-secondary coursework.
· Full proficiency in using the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and Powerpoint.)
· Experience maintaining digital calendars and using digital scheduling platforms.
· Experience with accounts payable and/or other bookkeeping tasks.
· Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and collegially both orally and in writing.
· High degree of technological proficiency and demonstrated ability to learn new software and applications.
· Team oriented with a strong commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
· Must be self-motivated, able to work independently, able to multi-task, set priorities and meet deadlines with limited direction.
· Commitment to IEEFA’s mission.
· Bachelor’s degree
· Two years related experience
· Experience with any of the following software/platforms: Salesforce, Quickbooks, Wordpress, Adobe Suite, Photoshop
· Familiarity with CRM and e-marketing platforms
Work Schedule: Full time, 40 hours/week. General office hours are Monday-Friday 9am-5pm. Occasional evening or weekend work may be required.
Travel: Some travel will be required (when it becomes possible), including quarterly trips to New York City for IEEFA team meetings.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: Must be able to move up to 15 pounds, bend and reach, work for prolonged intervals at a computer workstation. Computer and clerical work can involve repetitive motion, eye strain, back and neck strain.
EOE: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at IEEFA. All members of under-represented groups are especially encouraged to apply. We are committed to providing all employees with a work environment free from discrimination and harassment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy/parental status or disability status.
COVID-19 Considerations: This position is based in our physical office. Occasional work from home may be permitted in special circumstances. The position will have an individual enclosed office with a shared restroom. IEEFA is committed to meeting the current CDC and State of Ohio Department of Health Recommendations in place including provisions regarding face coverings and social distancing.
The Institute for Energy Economics and Financial Analysis (IEEFA) is seeking an Office Administrator for our Lakewood, OH office. We are looking for an upbeat, enthusiastic and experienced professional with an interest in IEEFA's mission to…
Our competitive benefits package includes health, dental, and vision insurance, vacation leave (20 days per year), sick and safe leave (10 days per year), 12 paid holidays per year, 401(k) Safe Harbor Plan after 6 months employment.
Our competitive benefits package includes health, dental, and vision insurance, vacation leave (20 days per year), sick and safe leave (10 days per year), 12 paid holidays per year, 401(k…
Interested applicants should send a resume, cover letter and answers to the screening questions below to email@example.com. All submissions should be sent by email with the phrase “Office Administrator” in the subject line. No phone calls please.
Applications are due by close-of-business Monday, July 20th.
Screening Questions (200 words or less per question):
1. Please describe any software or technology knowledge or experience you have relevant to this position and describe how you go about learning new software or technologies.
2. What does having a commitment to diversity and inclusion mean to you? How have you demonstrated that commitment in past work?
3. Please describe a situation where you demonstrated initiative to solve a problem.
Interested applicants should send a resume, cover letter and answers to the screening questions below to firstname.lastname@example.org. All submissions should be sent by email with the…