722 West 168th Street
Under the supervision of the ICAP Office Coordinator , the Administrative Assistant, Office Support and Administration provides direct administrative support to all ICAP Directors, Managers and staff located at 60 Haven Avenue. Prepares correspondence, scans documents, organizes meetings, reserves conference rooms, assists with mailings and shipments, assists with internal and external communications and conference calls, and assists in developing travel itineraries in collaboration with ICAP Finance Unit. Manages all travel-related visa requirements for traveling ICAP staff and sponsored travelers; Manages, updates and maintains ICAP contact and email distribution lists. Provides direct assistance to Unit Directors on special projects and recurring needs.
- Provides direct administrative support to all ICAP staff based at 600 West 168 Street. Prepares correspondences, scans documents, organizes meetings, assists with mailings and shipments, assists with internal and external communications and conference calls, and assists in the development of travel itineraries.
- Manages and processes all travel-related visa requirements for ICAP staff and sponsored travelers.
- Manages the composition, regular updating of and staff access to all centrally coordinated ICAP contact and email distribution lists.
- Assists with the planning and coordination of ICAP-sponsored special events and functions. Arranges for specialized equipment and provides general administrative support throughout the meeting or function. Oversees the scheduling of the large and small conference rooms at 60 Haven Avenue.
- Monitors work area for proper maintenance and availability of supplies, and ensures that problems with supplies, office equipment or general facilities are routed to the appropriate parties for resolution. Orders office and coffee supplies.
- Provides direct administrative assistance and fill-in coverage for other administrative staff during peak periods, vacations and for special projects.
- Provides specific administrative support to Director for Human Resources, Directors of Finance and Deputy Director of Strategic Information Unit.
- Provides specific support to the Human Resources Unit with maintaining up-to-date employee and departmental files and folders and with data analysis and reports of a special and time-sensitive nature. Processes visa requests from various members of the travelling staff.
- Administers the employee time off records and formally reports time off accrued and taken (personal, vacation and sick time) by each employee to MSPH HR mid-fiscal year and at the end of each fiscal year
- Maintains the NY staff contact lists ensuring that each employee name, location, and pertinent contact information is current. Keeps list updated on P-drive as changes occur.
- Requests from the country offices a monthly reporting of each employee and their contact information. Maintains the monthly country office employee contact list for use by NY staff.
- Exercises discretion and maintains confidentiality and sensitivity with information, as appropriate and when required (e.g., proprietary and personal Human Resources-related information).
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in education, training and/or experience.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS
- Minimum two (2) years directly related experience in an office administrative management role.
- Demonstrated experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Outlook.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communications and ability to interact effectively with staff and management at all organizational levels.
- Demonstrated experience working independently with minimal supervision as well as in a team environment.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and attentiveness to detail.
- Demonstrated experience with effectively managing multiple and simultaneous projects with overlapping and sometimes conflicting schedules.
- Demonstrated experience working in a customer service oriented environment where satisfying customer’s needs with established parameters is an essential function.
- Prior experience working with international non-profit and/or academic organizations.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required