Details: Target annual compensation for this position is $26,500.
Research Associates Job Description
We are looking for 2-4 Research Associates to complete research projects into a variety of topics, culminating in reports, datasets, white papers, and other content that would be suitable for presentation at academic conferences or publication in outlets such as The Atlantic or Vox.
Representative responsibilities of a Research Associate would include:
- Producing surveys of the academic literature on assigned research topics on a deadline. Associates will need to be able to summarize the key arguments in the literature and make the case for and against different perspectives.
- Primary source research in fields as varied as philosophy, religion, art, music, and pop culture.
- Gathering data from a variety of sources to be used in reports and white papers.
- Regularly surveying publications and articles on topics related to the new paradigm shift. Maintaining an archive of this content.
- Updating and locating new material for Public Interest Network staff training and development on the new societal paradigm shift.
Research Associates should have a strong undergraduate background that includes research-based academic report writing. No professional experience is required, though 1-2 years of professional work in writing or research-based positions is a plus.
Candidates should have excellent writing skills, a problem-solving orientation, the ability to thrive under deadlines, and the ability to think critically and present persuasive arguments. We’re looking for individuals with a track record of academic success and proven leadership ability. Familiarity with quantitative analysis is a plus; as is experience in debate, public speaking, journalism, political campaigning, fundraising, and/or grassroots political organizing.
Target annual compensation for this position is $26,500. The Public Interest Network offers a competitive benefits package.
Denver, CO or Santa Barbara, CA
We are accepting applications for immediate-start positions and for positions starting in August 2018.
Fill out our online application here: https://workforprogress.org/apply/?pos=Research+and+Policy+Fellow&org=Frontier+Group&id=256
The Public Interest Network offers a competitive benefits package.
Minimum Education Required