Fundraising Events Manager-Northern New England Chapter
- Job posted by The Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Association
Bring your passion and leadership to join the fight against ALS!
The ALS Association Northern New England Chapter is seeking an energetic, mission driven professional to lead our statewide fund development operations. As the Fundraising Events Manager for the states of New Hampshire and Vermont, you’ll be responsible for generating revenue through the Walk to Defeat ALS®, third party events as described below as well as other responsibilities as required or requested. You will experience the gratification of knowing that your work has significant impact on the lives of those dealing with this terrible disease.
The ALS Association is the only national non-profit organization fighting Lou Gehrig’s Disease on every front. As the preeminent ALS organization, the Association leads the way in research, care services, public education, and public policy – giving help and hope to those facing the disease.
This role is critical in the growth of The ALS Association Northern New England Chapter which covers the states of Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont. This is a full-time regular position that reports directly to the Executive Director.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
REVENUE BUDGET ACCOUNTABILITY and PLANNING
Responsible for managing the revenue/fundraising budgets and ensuring budgeted targets are achieved. In addition, responsible for executing the tactics as outlined in the Operational Plan for the Northern New England Chapter’s Walk to Defeat ALS® Program that will enhance revenue growth for our mission. Perform data analysis on a regular basis and redefine strategies as necessary.
RECRUITMENT and CULTIVATION and STEWARDSHIP
Responsible for cultivating and stewarding relationships with key constituents. Recruit and retain Friends and Family Teams and Corporate Teams for the Walk to Defeat ALS®. Work closely with the Team Captains and participants to develop their personal and team fundraising plans by mentoring, coaching, and encouraging fundraising efforts.
Assist and grow the chapter’s corporate partnership initiatives including prospecting, cultivation, developing custom proposals, securing commitments, stewardship and retention.
Recruit, empower, and mobilize volunteers to join us in the fight. Lead, direct, and manage fundraising and logistics committees for the Walk to Defeat ALS®.
MARKETING and COMMUNICATIONS
Responsible for executing marketing and communications plans, including but not limited to participant recruitment and engagement, awareness events as well as media relations.
STAFF SUPPORT and COLLABORATION
Work in Convio to develop logistics, communications, and collateral, manage the database, and track financial progress.
Convey a professional and positive image that reflects favorably on The ALS Association.
· Bachelor’s degree and three to five years of proven experience executing and meeting fundraising or sales goals, with two to three years’ experience in peer-to-peer fundraising
· Experience in planning, leading, and managing development events, including coordinating with volunteers for desired outcomes
· Outstanding communication skills, articulate and persuasive, with well-honed relationship building skills
· An incredible passion for our mission that invigorates and excites everyone with whom you connect
· A strong work ethic, essential for this demanding environment that continually strives for excellence
· A dynamic, driven and sophisticated professional excited by the opportunity to help shape the future of the fundraising department and the organization as a whole
· The ability to travel up to 50% of the time and work occasional nights and weekends for Association business and events.
· Ability to travel outside of the tri-state area on occasion and as required.
· Ability to bend, lift and carry Walk to Defeat ALS equipment and other materials (up to 30 pounds).
· Strong knowledge of New Hampshire and Vermont communities and corporate leaders a plus.
This is an office based position located in Concord, NH. Travel within the tri state area will be required as necessary.
Full benefit package
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Qualified and interested candidates please submit your cover letter, resume and salary history to:
The ALS Association endeavors to make www.alsa.org accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please call 202.464.8831 or email email@example.com . This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
The ALS Association is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.