THE REPRESENTATION PROJECT - FINANCE DIRECTOR
Do cool work that matters! The Representation Project (“TRP”) inspires individuals and communities to challenge and overcome limiting stereotypes and gender norms so that everyone, regardless of gender, race, class, age, sexual orientation or circumstance can fulfill their human potential. Come join us!
The Finance Director will provide leadership and effective management of TRP’s financial procedures and policies that directly contribute to the overall success of the organization. This is a part-time position reporting directly to the Executive Director.
Financial Strategy, Planning & Analysis
● Develop and manage annual budget and forecasts
● Support department-level budgeting efforts; ensure consistency with overall organizational budgets
● Maintain financial models to efficiently track, measure and report on above
● Provide financial analyses, reports, and recommendations to the ED and Board
Accounting and Financial Reporting
● Oversee all accounting policies; direct best practices, policies and procedures for sound financial management and documentation
● Supervise bookkeeping function; ensure records are maintained in accordance with generally accepted accounting standards and internal controls, including:
○ Revenue recognition for earned and contributed income
○ Non-profit fund accounting
○ Cost allocations across departments
● Deliver timely, accurate, and useful financial reports for funders, foundations, senior leadership, and Board
● Direct the review, approval and documentation process for AR/AP, cash management, and other financial control mechanisms
Human Resources & Insurance
● Oversee third-party payroll administration, maintenance of employee benefits, and employee onboarding/offboarding
● Lead annual insurance renewals and oversee annual workers compensation audits
Audit, Taxes & Compliance
● Liaise with the external audit firm to ensure all “PBC” information and audits are prepared timely and accurately
● Monitor compliance with all federal, state and local financial and other tax reporting requirements (including 990 filings, sales taxes, financial disclosure requirements)
● Ongoing legal entity maintenance
● Remain up-to-date on nonprofit audit best practices and state and federal law regarding non-profit operations
● Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, finance or related field
● 10-15 years’ prior experience in accounting/finance management, or an equivalent combination of training and experience
● Experience in not-for-profit accounting
● Alignment with the mission of The Representation Project
● Experience with cloud-based ERPs, CRM databases, storefront accounting and other accounting systems
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Experience working with Board Members to ensure fiscal awareness
● Ability to exercise good judgment and discretion in handling confidential matters and materials
● Master’s Degree or CPA (strongly preferred)
● Ability to work from the Ross, CA main office. Candidates with a track record of achieving goals while working remotely will be considered if they can work from main office at least 2-3 days per week.
It is a priority of The Representation Project to recruit and retain a diverse workforce. We are an equal opportunity employer, and are firmly committed to complying with all federal, state, and local equal employment opportunity (“EEO”) laws.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the job title as your subject line. We will follow up with you directly for next steps in the recruiting process, as appropriate. Thank you again for your interest in our mission. We value your support and passion!