The Susan Thompson Buffett Foundation is undertaking a multi-state initiative that includes grant making to multiple organizations in Georgia. We are seeking a State Strategic Advisor in Georgia to advise and coordinate Foundation grant making and implementation of the initiative’s strategic plan. Be advised - This opportunity could be conceived either as a consultancy or employment (full time or part time) dependent on needs of applicant and foundation. This position will be an employee or contractor at NEO Philanthropy.
The Susan Thompson Buffett Foundation is a private grant making foundation. The primary focus of the Foundation is on family planning and reproductive health and rights, both domestically and internationally.
· Communicate Foundation strategies, movement vision, and overall theory of change
· Build buy-in to theory of change
· Calibrate strategic alignment among grantees and partners
· Stress movement needs over those of individual organizations
· Empower grantees to shape a shared vision for the work and hold groups accountable to that vision
· Interrogate fidelity to the status quo and conventional wisdom
· Promote risk taking and experimentation in the work
· Support a culture of learning, evaluation, and data utilization
· Serve as a thought-partner for Foundation staff regarding how to have greater impact on abortion access and acceptance outside the SIP
· Collaborate with Foundation staff on identifying in-state needs in service delivery, workforce development, and research.
· Research and identify organizational partners who should be considered for funding
· Preview proposals to ensure relevance and quality, with an eye toward the big picture and helping strategically fit pieces together
· Track and review grantee reports
· Support grantees and applicants in clearly expressing the contribution their work makes to the desired outcomes
· Assist in connecting grantees to those working on a broader set of progressive agenda issues and creating cross-movement synergy
· Align grantee projects and activities, keeping the network connected and engaged
· Understand and navigate existing state infrastructure so that the Foundation can invest wisely and in ways that strengthen the collaborative and its members
· Maintain accountability efforts to keep grantees on track with SIP goals and vision
· Work with Foundation’s strategy and technical assistance advisor for this Initiative) to ensure grantees are developing and pursuing visionary, proactive strategies
· Identify grantee technical assistance needs and work to coordinate provision of technical assistance
· Identify areas of investment that are shared needs across grantees (such as polling, messaging, data development, or research) and coordinate funding and implementation of joint needs
· Continually assess the policy environment of the state and help grantees spot emerging opportunities
· Help grantees operationalize strategy and metrics related to long-term goals
· Coordinate across states with other Foundation Program Officers, State Advisors, and Initiative partners to share learnings, best practices, and strategies
· Assist state partners in working strategically with national organizations and efforts where aligned
· Strong Facilitation skills
· Demonstrated commitment to support abortion rights and access
· Demonstrated ability to work with communities of color
· Demonstrated commitment to and experience with racial equity
· Strategic thinker with ability to guide the project at high level and to connect with other movement partners
· Proven ability to foster and strengthen collaborative work
· Knowledge and skills around movement building, policy change, and organizing
· Ability to manage conflict
· Understands the broader policy and political climate for abortion and other progressive issues in Georgia
· Is based in and has strong ties to community in Georgia
The Susan Thompson Buffett Foundation is undertaking a multi-state initiative that includes grant making to multiple organizations in Georgia. We are seeking a State Strategic Advisor in Georgia to advise and coordinate Foundation…
This position will be an employee of NEO Philanthropy and carries a competitive compensation and benefits package including health coverage, retirement benefits, paid sick leave, vacation, and holidays.
The position will work remotely and come equipped with virtual office tools, including computer, phone, and other technology needs.
NEO Philanthropy is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. NEO Philanthropy's work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
This position will be an employee of NEO Philanthropy and carries a competitive compensation and benefits package including health coverage, retirement benefits, paid sick…
If interested, please submit Letter Of Intent along with resume or CV by email to: email@example.com
Deadline for submission: July 17, 2020
Questions about this…