2682 Middlefield Road
There With Care’s mission is to provide a wide range of meaningful and fundamental services to children and families during the critical phase of a medical crisis. We serve families referred by medical agencies by building a network of services and people who ease the burden of life’s day-to-day obligations with compassion and care.
There With Care is poised for significant growth in 2018 and beyond. While we continue to serve families at Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital on the Peninsula, we are currently expanding our program into San Francisco to serve families at UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital. The Volunteer Director will play an integral role in helping us thoughtfully grow our volunteer community while strengthening our existing community on the peninsula.
As a senior staff member and critical partner to the Executive Director, the Volunteer Director will provide leadership and management for the Volunteer Department and work closely with other department leadership to ensure that our families receive timely meaningful care.
Organizational and Department Leadership
- Determine department strategy and objectives in collaboration with the Executive Director and other department leadership.
- Support the Executive Director in determining organizational strategy and objectives.
- Supervise department team, including but not limited to mentoring and professional development, and evaluating staff performance.
- Build and maintain relationships with key individuals, services organizations, and within networks of support.
- Provide the department perspective in all communication materials, including writing content for social and print media.
- Be an ambassador for There With Care at events and in the community.
- Perform all responsibilities in alignment with There With Care’s core values.
- Provide volunteers and group volunteers opportunities to connect to our mission in a meaningful way to grow our community of care.
- Responsible for recruitment, retention, and appreciation of volunteers.
- Recruit and manage volunteers for specific opportunities, ongoing organizational needs, and for our fundraising events.
- Model and express gratitude to our community of volunteers and donors.
- Develop, manage and evaluate department procedures, policies and resources to optimally serve There With Care families and meet organizational goals.
- Respond to inquiries regarding volunteer opportunities.
- Manage data entry and use of CRM ensuring accurate tracking of volunteer engagement.
- Provide regular, data-driven reporting to Executive Director in support of higher level decision making.
- Critically evaluate the community’s desire to support, and balance that with our families’ needs and sustainability of the organization.
- Innately models the care, compassion and support reflective of There With Care’s core values.
- At least 5+ years of professional experience in a service industry or nonprofit with demonstrated success in achieving performance goals.
- Excellent presentation and public speaking skills; comfortable speaking in front of large groups.
- Able to think strategically with proven experience developing short- and long-term objectives and operational plans to reach them.
- Experience managing people.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and listening skills. Intuitively reads the moment, individual or circumstance and responds thoughtfully and appropriately. Able to handle situations with confidentiality, sensitivity and care and without judgment.
- Prioritizes and skillfully manages multiple responsibilities and projects simultaneously with exceptional attention to detail.
- Takes initiative and able to work independently and in uncertain conditions. Able to demonstrate poise, confidence and professionalism in diverse situations.
- Naturally collaborative and effectively solicits and incorporates input to identify effective solutions and reach smart decisions.
- Strong aptitude and skills in managing and analyzing data. Able to think strategically about data and effectively organize and present data.
- Able to perform administrative duties and jump in to assist with additional tasks (not necessarily anticipated) to support the organization and serve There With Care’s mission.
- Able to work weekends and evenings as needed.
- Proficiency in presentation (e.g., Powerpoint), writing (e.g., MS Word) and data management programs (e.g., Excel). CRM experience a plus (Salesforce preferred).
This is a full-time, exempt position that includes medical, dental and vision benefits as well as a three weeks of vacation leave, two weeks of sick leave, and eleven holidays.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit your resume along with a cover letter detailing your interest and qualifications for the position. Applications should be submitted to the email listed. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.