Details: Commensurate with experience
420 Lexington Avenue
Junior Achievement of New York's (JA New York) mission is to inspire and prepare young people to succeed in the global economy. We are in the business of empowerment. Our programs focus on three key content areas — financial literacy, entrepreneurship, and work/college readiness. A dedicated network of corporate, community and student volunteers teach our high-quality K-12 curricula in-school, after-school and in workplace settings.
JA New York, serves the five boroughs of New York City; Nassau and Suffolk counties on Long Island; and Westchester, Rockland, Putnam and Orange counties in the lower Hudson Valley. It is the local affiliate of Junior Achievement USA, the nation’s oldest and largest economic education organization. Our organization is headquartered in midtown Manhattan and includes satellite offices on Long Island and in Westchester. We currently reach more than 90,000 students each year in 275 schools across the region.
The Director of Marketing and Communications reports to the VP for Resource Development and Communications. A Special Events and Communications Manager reports via a dotted line to the Director of Marketing and Communications in a support capacity.
The Director of Marketing & Communications should be an experienced professional able to provide creative, strategic leadership in promoting Junior Achievement of New York (JA New York) and its programs. This individual is a vital member of the Resource Development and Communications team, helping to lead JA New York’s communication efforts, including general marketing and promotion, digital communications, media relations, digital fundraising and funder stewardship.
This position serves as a leader for JA New York’s digital, communications and marketing strategy. In consultation with the senior management team and departmental staff, as well as the JA Branding and Communications leadership team of our parent organization, JA-USA, the Director develops and implements an annual plan for Marketing and Communications, which will set out objectives, strategy and tactics for each area of responsibility.
The Director coordinates visibility efforts to satisfy corporate funding requirements which require excellent customer service both to funders and the program staff that manage those portfolios. S/he is a resource and liaison between the Program and Development Departments, generating and archiving program success stories – in a range of formats including text, photo and video. S/he is also charged with the development of communications messages and content that not only informs but engages, generating greater funding and volunteer resources.
Marketing and Communication Channels
· Oversee, draft and edit website content, functionality and updates
· Manage and develop strategies to increase engagement and reach on all social media platforms.
· Plan and execute e-communications, including e-newsletters, e-blasts and giving appeals
· Develop print publications and collateral, including annual report, brochures, signs, and flyers; and work with external designers on layout and production
· Oversee production of photo and video content for all communication channels and donor stewardship requirements
· Develop and execute media strategy, messaging and outreach for key JA New York events
· Craft media material, including press releases, pitches, talking points and speeches for JA New York staff
· Coordinate and staff media visits and interviews, prepping staff with media training and messaging
· BA/BS in Marketing/Communications Arts, Advertising, Public Relations, English, or related field
· Approximately five years in marketing/communications
· Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment, with a high level of creativity and entrepreneurship
· Strong copy and creative writing, project timeline management and interpersonal skills
· Experience with fundraising/communications platforms, preferably Blackbaud suite of products. Experience with peer to peer fundraising platforms Sphere/QGiv or similar; Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator); email service tools such as NetCommunity/Spark (or similar)
· Experience using CMS platforms; PR contact management systems (Vocus/Cision); Social Media tools such as HootSuite/Sprout Social, Google Analytics and other tools to track web traffic and Social ROI; and infographic tools Piktochart or similar
· Ability to interact effectively with Board members, donors, media, the public and colleagues at all levels
· “Hands-on” player, with ability to work well under pressure and with limited budget, and manage details of several concurrent projects
Excellent Benefits Package
Minimum Education Required