018 SW Boundary Ct
A commitment to helping teenagers in foster care
The Anchor Home is a central support for all Boys & Girls Aid Therapeutic Foster Care satellite homes. These youth will range from 12 to 17-years-old. With the help of Boys & Girls Aid staff, this foster parent provides after-school programming to stimulate connections between foster placements and to establish a network within our foster family community.
Working with Boys & Girls Aid staff, you will support foster parents through your involvement with after-school programming, community-building, crisis-response and respite care. We welcome single persons, couples or families to apply with one person serving as the primary Anchor Home house parent.
- $2,500 month retainer
- Access to a programming budget to facilitate community outings.
- Rent and utilities covered by Boys & Girls Aid in a home (not furnished) located in Beaverton, Oregon.
- Community Building - Develop a sense of community between Washington County foster providers and youth within the program.
- Programming - The Anchor Home foster parent will play an integral role in youth programming by implementing afterschool and programming needs.
- Respite - The Anchor Home will provide respite for youth.
- Requires high flexibility in schedule and availability.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license from state of residence (Oregon), personal automobile liability insurance, and pass a DMV driving record check.
- Must successfully pass the Department of Human Services (DHS) criminal background check and, if applicable, fingerprinting.
If you are interested in learning more about the Anchor Home, please contact Kathryn Carnell at 503.542.2312 or email@example.com.
Minimum Education Required