Details: Salary competitive.
901 Lenora Street
Morningside Academy Employment Opportunity – Middle School Teacher: Tier 2 students, Mild Special Education
Morningside Academy is a grade and middle school that provides struggling learners the opportunity to catch up, build up, and get ahead in an effort to enable them to achieve their greatest potential. Extensive assessments and research-based methods with proven results are utilized in our unique program. Morningside students have not previously reached their potential; many have learning disabilities such as dyslexia, dysgraphia, dyscalculia, or ADD/ADHD; all have average to well above average intelligence. Morningside is not a school for children with significant emotional problems, behavioral problems, or developmental delays.
Position Summary: Morningside Academy is seeking a middle school teacher who will be responsible for 10-12 students in each class. Students are grouped by skill level, not age or grade.
The teacher will also participate in implementing a curriculum that is focused upon methods of learning and thinking. The program will focus on teaching: learning-to-learn skills, including personal study habits and collaborative learning methods; thinking, reasoning and problem-solving skills
, internet research skills, organizational and self-management skills; communication skills; and interpersonal skills. The teacher will strengthen basic reading and writing skills, and teach a daily math curriculum. The teacher is expected to bring content “grist” for the program from natural science, social science, and the humanities. The goal is a program for public middle schools.
The successful Morningside teacher is positive and fast-paced in their presentations and interactions. They have clear expectations and thoroughly follow through on instructions and consequences. The successful teacher applicant will join a dynamic group that has a "children first" values set.
We will teach you how to plan a lesson that makes the most of research-based teaching practices.
• A sincere enjoyment of preteens and teens
• Background in Precision Teaching and Direct Instruction beneficial but not required
• Excellence in group management
• A quest to learn more about effective teaching procedures
The Ideal Candidate will have:
• Bachelor’s degree in any subject
• Minimum two years experience teaching middle school students
• An expressed desire to work in a collaborative environment
• Exceptional organizational skills with ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks concurrently
• Effective verbal and written communications skills
• Ability to work and communicate well with all levels of faculty, staff, students, and parents/guardians
• Ability to maintain confidential information
• First aid/CPR certification or willingness to obtain certification within 30 days of hire
• Ability to pass FBI/WSP criminal background checks (fingerprinting required)
Compensation and Benefits: This is a full-time position. Salary competitive and negotiable. Kaiser Permanente benefits. Orca bus pass or parking space provided.
To Apply: Please reply to email@example.com with the following attachments:
• Your current resume
• A cover letter that clearly shows how you meet the qualifications above
• Two references
Our hiring process consists of multiple interviews, your opportunities to observe Morningside classes, your sample lesson with our youth, and our final interview.
Morningside Academy is a 501c3 not-for-profit corporation, founded in 1980. Morningside is an equal opportunity employer.
Kaiser Permanente benefits, and Orca or parking space provided.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please include your submission with resume, a cover letter clearly showing how you meet the qualifications above, and two references.