1666 K Street Northwest
District of Columbia
AcademyHealth, the professional home and leading national organization for health services researchers, policymakers, and health care practitioners and stakeholders, is currently seeking a Senior Associate to provide substantive content and administrative project management support for a variety of initiatives. The incumbent will provide day-to-day management of select projects, coordinating meetings, tasks and communications essential for the project’s progress. Particular areas of interest include: Medicaid policy, population health, health care delivery systems and payment reform, public health, data management and infrastructure and other related policy areas.
- Leading project management efforts including, tracking and managing work plan activities, timelines, and deliverables.
- Conducting evidence reviews and qualitative analyses - synthesizing findings to produce issue briefs, summaries, papers, toolkits and reports.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with various critical stakeholders.
- Conducting comprehensive literature reviews using electronic databases and synthesizing findings.
- Developing, organizing, and formatting program deliverables for submission.
- Supporting project staff with activities such as conference calls, webinars, in-person meetings, including presenter coordination and material preparation.
- Developing and applying substantive knowledge of Medicaid policy, delivery system reform, Medicaid waivers and evaluations, quality improvement, public health, data management and infrastructure, and other relevant policy issues.
- Assisting in the development of new programs and projects, including drafting proposals, and helping to cultivate relationships with potential funders and subcontractors.
- Ensuring quality control of all deliverables.
- Masters degree in health policy, public policy, public health or related field from accredited college or university.
- 3 - 5 years of substantive professional experience in health policy and/or health services research.
- Demonstrated familiarity with key health policy issues, and a curiosity to keep learning and deepening knowledge.
- Strong organization and project management skills, including a demonstrated ability to efficiently plan, organize, and manage complex, multi-task projects with limited direct supervision.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative research skills, including drafting of interview guides, conducting literature review and interviews, and producing key summaries and syntheses.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Mature, detail-oriented, able to work well under deadline pressure.
- Able to work independently on multiple tasks/projects in coordination with other internal and external project team members.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and familiarity with other collaborative software/social media platforms.
Aside from the great job opportunity, we also have amazing benefits - affordable medical & dental coverage for you and your family; free life & disability insurance; ten paid company holidays and generous paid-time off benefits; professional development funds; flex-time hours; telework arrangements; business casual environment; generous 403 (b) plan; flexible spending & dependent care accounts; tuition reimbursement; and a free onsite fitness center.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Qualified applicants should send cover letter, resume, analytic writing sample and three references (with phone numbers) to Human Resources Director, AcademyHealth, 1666 K Street NW, Suite 1100, Washington, DC 200-036. Fax: 202-292-6800. Email: email@example.com. Please be sure to reference the position for which you are applying. For more information, please go to www.academyhealth.org.