Details: Commensurate with experience
1730 Rhode Island Avenue Northwest
District of Columbia
About the Position
The Marketing and Communications Director of the National Fund for Workforce Solutions (National Fund) is primarily responsible for collaboratively developing and executing a strategic marketing and communications plans that accurately and positively showcase and elaborate on the work of the National Fund to external and internal audiences. This individual is also responsible for ensuring the accuracy and excellence of the organization’s print materials and digital platforms, and for managing the National Fund’s relationship with its media relations firm.
The position requires working in close collaboration and coordination with other team members. Responsibility, flexibility, excellent judgment with a strong sense of initiative and the ability to act independently are essential to succeed in this position. The Marketing and Communications Director will report to the President and CEO and will be responsible for the supervision of the Communications Associate. This position is based in the National Fund offices located in Washington DC.
Developing the Annual Marketing and Communications Plan
- Defining key messages, audiences and strategies
- Gathering input from staff, Board and the National Fund collaborative network
- Monitoring progress and making necessary adjustments
- Reporting regularly to CEO and, as necessary, to the Board of Directors
Manage Communications with the National Fund Network:
- Maintain regular communication with National Fund stakeholders through various strategies including a monthly National Fund and a quarterly CareerSTAT newsletter and regular ad hoc messages to specific audiences.
- Write and send ad hoc announcements to various stakeholders and produce reports for National Fund investors and partners.
- Field information requests from National Fund stakeholders, address communications needs associated with organizational partnerships or joint announcements.
- Develop and implement innovative approaches that expand and diversify the National Fund’s revenue sources.
Coordinate Design and Dissemination of Publications, Materials and Resources:
- Manage the design, digital/physical production, and dissemination of all National Fund materials and publications.
- Develop and maintain a range of qualified writes, editors and designers; coordinate between National Fund staff and designers on product design; digitally convert and display publications; disseminate completed products through press media, social media, and National Fund contacts; make products accessible on the National Fund and partner websites.
Develop Written and Multimedia Materials:
- Communicate National Fund impact and work across multimedia channels.
- Develop video and animated features on National Fund activities and events, produce graphics for National Fund publications or presentations; and develop blogs and bylines for external media outlets.
Manage Press Relations:
- Work with a media relations firm to promote National Fund publications and resources in media outlets, field press inquiries and media requests
- Draft and disseminate press releases on National Fund announcements.
- Establish National Fund personnel as subject matter experts, pitch interviews with National Fund stakeholders and stories on the National Fund’s national and local efforts.
- Draft and submit bylines regarding National Fund projects.
Manage the National Fund Website:
- Maintain an accurate and engaging web presence on its WordPress site with specific duties including: update listings on National Fund staff, investors, initiatives, and collaborative partners; archive information on National Fund collaboratives and projects; work with a web design firm to develop new functionalities and features; and monitor website analytics to improve communication and performance.
Operate Social Media Platforms:
- Support the Communications Associate in leveraging the National Fund’s Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube accounts to engage with current and future partners; draft regular and relevant posts; and promote National Fund (or partner) publications or announcements.
Supervise Communications Associate:
- Effectively manage and support the Communications Associate in fulfilling her/his responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree, required
- A minimum of 4-5 years of experience in communications or a similar field with extensive research and writing responsibilities
- Knowledge of workforce development, talent management or poverty alleviation, required.
- Proven track record in developing and leading clear, targeted branding and marketing strategies tailored for different audiences.
- Impeccable oral and written communication skills required.
- Ability to conduct qualitative research and present findings in multiple written formats including blogs, testimonials, and bylines,
- Outstanding attention to detail with particular competency in copy-editing,
- Resourcefulness and ability to think independently.
- Strong professionalism with the ability to function efficiently in a busy environment,
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team, including remote staff, on multiple projects and tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects independently.
- Experience in resource development, preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to travel up to 20% and as needed.
Excellent benefits including 401, health, dental, vision.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please submit the following information to Elicia Wilson, Chief Administrative Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter containing the following information
- Your unique qualifications for this position
- Where or how you learned of this job posting
- Your salary requirements
National Fund for Workforce Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce: diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.