206 Washington St.
The Development Associate reports directly to the Director of Development. The Associate performs a wide array of duties, helping to coordinate and manage a comprehensive multi-year campaign. The role entails working collaboratively with coworkers, board members and volunteers, as well as fundraising counsel to help achieve our goals.
- Support the Executive Director, Director of Development and outside consultant to implement the campaign through its various stages – quiet, major gift and public phase
- Organize the pipeline of individual campaign prospects and provide necessary campaign updates, analysis, and reports to Director of Development and Campaign Director
- Conduct research, and draft communications, proposals, donor profiles and briefing memos to support annual and campaign fundraising
- Coordinate the annual fundraising and membership program, including direct mail, in partnership with the Marketing Manager
- Maintain the development database, enter all gifts, and execute donor acknowledgment, recognition and stewardship platforms; perform monthly reconciliation with Finance Associate
- Assist in strategizing and implementing organizational and campaign events, in conjunction with the Director of Development, Campaign Director and Gallery Programs Manager
- Manage foundation and corporate sponsorship timelines, proposals, grant submissions and reporting
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Development
Required Qualifications, Skills and Knowledge
- Minimum of two years' experience in development or a related field
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Work collaboratively to solve problems
- Ability to set a course for action, prioritize work, solve complex and delicate problems and organize information in a concise and effective manner
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- CRM/database management experience and proficiency
- Experience in data analysis – research and reporting.
- Respect and maintain strict confidentiality of information related to their job.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The work of this position takes place at a historic site. Events are held in a historic building that is not handicap accessible. Candidates should be able to carry equipment and supplies up and down stairs, and able to lift 20 pounds.
TBS's benefits package includes generous holiday and vacation time, plus a 403b plan, health and FSA options.
Minimum Education Required