Site Director - Denver
About College Track
College Track is a comprehensive college completion program that empowers students from underserved communities to graduate from college. From ninth grade through college graduation, our 10-year program removes the academic, financial, and social-emotional barriers that prevent low-income and first-generation students from earning their college degree. In 1997, we started with 25 students in East Palo Alto, and today, we have ten centers located in underserved communities across California, Colorado, Louisiana, and the D.C. Metro Area with more than 3,000 students on the path to upward social mobility.
To learn more, please visit www.collegetrack.org
College Track students graduate from college at a rate that is more than double the national average for low-income and first-generation students. Five years out of college, our graduates are employed full-time, and over 85% report earnings greater than their parents. By helping our students maximize the value of their four-year college degree, which includes minimizing student loan debt, securing internships, and limiting the need to work while in college--we prepare them to succeed in the 21st century economy.
At College Track, our values drive the way we do our work, and we look for individuals who share our passion. We blend an entrepreneurial spirit with our nonprofit roots, cultivating a dynamic culture where everyone's contributions are valued and encouraged.
COMMITMENT: We have an unwavering belief in our students.
PASSION: We are dedicated to changing our nation's college completion story.
JOY: We create environments rich with smiles and laughter.
AUTHENTICITY: We believe relationships matter.
EXCELLENCE: Our students deserve nothing but the best.
The Site Director sets a powerful vision for student achievement and is responsible for ensuring that at least 90% of students matriculate to a four-year college and 70% graduate from college within six years. S/he leads a team of full time and part time employees and builds and maintains the positive presence of College Track in the local community.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Site Vision and Culture: Set a powerful vision for student achievement; inspire the commitment of others towards the shared vision, and ensure all decisions are aligned to and support the vision. Build a strong and enduring site culture based on mission, vision and organization's values.
- Individual Student Planning and Monitoring: Work with program directors to assess student data continuously and ensure that students are on track to graduate from high school and thrive in four-year universities. Focus relentlessly on delivering outcomes despite obstacles, ensuring students graduate from high school and receive a college degree.
- Staff Management: Recruit, lead, manage and develop a site team of full-time and part-time employees (paid and volunteer) to ensure the overall success of students. Build a collaborative team of individuals committed to achieving excellence and meeting site goals.
- School and Community Partnerships: Work in collaboration with the Executive Director and Regional Partnerships Director to develop strong and formalized partnerships with community-based organizations, local colleges, schools and districts that result in additional resources for our students and improvements to our program model. Keep abreast of emerging trends and practices within the education landscape and community, and be active in the educational and political landscape.
- Fundraising and Development: Work in collaboration with the College Track development team, as the external leader of the site, to execute development activities that support long-term sustainability.
Skills & Experience Required
- 3 years experience required (5-7 years preferred) managing staff, projects and oneself to achieve excellent results and expand organizational impact
- Proven track record in successfully recruiting, hiring, leading and developing people and teams. Creates the conditions for staff to learn, grow and do their work with ever increasing excellence
- Minimum of 5-7 years of teaching and/or supporting students to excel academically; history of driving significant gains in student achievement
- Leads and inspires others under a shared vision of excellence
- Builds relationships and communicates in ways that foster trust, value differences and further College Track's mission
- High degree of flexibility and adaptability; can work within and thrive in an ambitious, fast-moving environment, while also driving toward clarity and solution
- Unwavering belief in economic, racial and social justice; makes all decisions through the lens of what is best for the students and the families we serve
- Minimum 4-year college degree (Masters Degree preferred)
Compensation & Benefits
College Track offers a competitive salary based on the organization's compensation philosophy, which is grounded in market data. We also offer comprehensive health & welfare benefits and top of the market paid time off.
Please upload a resume and a thoughtful cover letter with your application. We will only contact candidates chosen for further consideration. No phone inquiries please.
College Track is an equal opportunity employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce. College Track does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression.
Minimum Education Required