Details: Include salary requirements within cover letter.
3631 Perkins Avenue, Unit 2CE
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Contribute to the America SCORES Cleveland team and overall operations: actively participate in annual goal-setting, initiatives, events, and day-to-day functioning with a team-centered approach; be open to giving and receiving constructive feedback; be open to fulfilling necessary jobs or roles as needed.
- Assist with recruitment and training of all Writing and Soccer Coaches.
- Assist coaches and schools with recruitment and registration of poet-athletes.
- Make daily visits to program sites to ensure effective program delivery and implementation.
- Serve as Substitute Coach, as needed.
- Assist with planning all program events, including Fall Frenzy, Poetry Slam, Blast and Jamboree.
- Support Writing Coaches in service project planning during spring season.
- Assist with High School Alumni Program, which includes setting up volunteer and paid internship activities.
- Assist with Summer Program planning and lead summer programming as needed.
- Assist with distribution/collection of soccer equipment and uniforms, writing and service-learning supplies, etc.
- Assist with recruitment and training of Referees and Game Day Coordinators.
- Assist with game day preparation, including painting & setting up soccer fields at parks and schools.
- Assist in development of new programming.
- Oversee program evaluation plan for America SCORES Cleveland
- Oversee Youth Services database to track all program participants
- Identify evaluation best practices in youth development, social-emotional learning, literacy and fitness to improve evaluation methods currently in practice
- Lead efforts to engage staff and volunteers in conducting evaluations, inputting data and analyzing results.
- Assist in reporting results to stakeholders (supporters and community-at-large) through grant reports, program outcomes report, newsletters, etc.
o Passionate about America SCORES’ mission, urban & public school education, youth development, creative writing and soccer
o Highly motivated to continue improving the quality of America SCORES Cleveland’s youth development programming
o Extremely organized and able to work on several projects at once, while also possessing the ability to improvise when necessary
o Excellent communication skills with all constituents that make up the America SCORES Cleveland family, including the youth we serve, coaches and other staff, parents, principals, teachers and all community partners
o Willingness and ability to learn quickly and pick up new skills; proactively identifies and creatively solves problems
o Able to work independently, reporting updates in a timely manner to the Program & Soccer Director, Executive Director and/or school partners
o Excellent people skills in a diverse environment; a team player
o Undergraduate degree
o Strong background in sports, preferably having soccer experience.
o Excellent written communication skills and proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
o At least two (2) years proven experience in either a public, private or non-profit organization, focused on youth service delivery or public education.
o Candidates should own a car, as program sites are scattered throughout the city.
o Candidate must pass a background check.
o Must be flexible, dependable, have a good sense of humor
o Bachelor’s degree in Education, English, Nonprofit Management, Public Health, Social Work, Sports Management, or a related field.
o Previous experience conducting program evaluations
o Soccer Coaching experience
o Experience working with youth and coaches from diverse backgrounds
o Proficiency in Spanish
Benefits include a generous PTO (Paid Time Off) policy, medical and dental coverage, a 403(b) plan, and travel reimbursement.
Level of Language Proficiency
Proficient in English. Spanish language proficiency preferred.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send your resume, cover letter, salary requirements, and contact information for 3 references (at least 1 must be a supervisor) to Debi Pence-Meyenberg (firstname.lastname@example.org), Executive Director of America SCORES Cleveland, by April 29, 2018, with the subject “Program Manager Application”. No phone calls please.