Program Manager/Administrative Specialist
- Job posted by UCLA Burkle Center for International Relations
11353 Bunche Hall
The Program Manager for the Burkle Center will assist the deputy director and directors to implement the vision of the UCLA Burkle Center for International Relation, Burkle Global Impact Initiative (BGI), and Initiative on Security and Religious Freedom (ISRF). The UCLA Burkle Center fosters research on and promotes discussion of international relations, U.S. foreign policy, and complex issues of global cooperation and conflict. The mission of the BGI program is to promote and facilitate the treatment of important international issues within popular entertainment. The mission of ISRF is to design innovative solutions to security challenges while preserving civil rights and civil liberties. The Program Manager provides and coordinates support, as well as collaborates on projects and on-campus events with the Deputy Director, Director of the Burkle Center for International Relations as well as the directors of the BGI and ISRF programs. Major duties include event coordination and management, office administration, accounting, managing the internship program, supporting relationships with Burkle, BGI, and ISRF partners, research and text editing as well as web page maintenance/computer services.
DUTIES AND TASKS
EVENT PRODUCTION (50%)
* Plan and organize events ranging from simple to complex.
* Research, design, compile and distribute event and conference materials, including preparing participant biographical statements, and editing and preparing for printing the final copies of event packets and briefings.
* Design and execute marketing strategy for events and programs including production of Burkle Center and event materials, posters, and flyers.
* Update Burkle Center website and social media platforms with pertinent and recent information and events.
* Research and develop guest lists for events based on Burkle and BGI contacts and topic areas pertinent to the invitation-only event.
* Communicate with agencies, organizations, and guests to compile and confirm contact information for event invitations and maintain appropriate databases of contact information (i.e. Highrise).
* Coordinate communications with various co-sponsors such as UCLA departments and UN agencies.
* Make all travel and lodging arrangements necessary for event guests.
* Co-plan, monitor and reconcile events budgets.
* Oversee proper set-up of venues for special events.
* Responsible for all logistical aspects of events, meetings, talks, seminars, and conferences, including coordinating technical and audio-visual needs, ordering equipment, catering, security and other required services as needed, such as securing event parking, preparing and posting driving and walking directions.
* Coordinate check-in at event, represent the Burkle Center and BGI program on-site and handle problems when necessary.
* Arrange and coordinate audiovisual event recordings, from podcasts to video-tapings and event photography.
INTERNSHIP MANAGEMENT (20%):
* Interview, hire, supervise, and train undergraduate interns.
* Create weekly agendas for intern meetings, schedule intern office hours.
* Assign research projects and office tasks to interns as appropriate.
* Collaborate with other Burkle staff to determine necessary projects and research.
* Manage intern staffing at events.
* Facilitate professional development projects for interns such as cover letter editing, presentations from the UCLA Career Center and Alumni Office, as well as meetings between interns and guest speakers.
* Assist student journalists from the Burkle Center’s student-run foreign affairs journal, The Generation, on an as-needed basis.
PROGRAM MANAGEMENT (30%)
* Manage the day-to-day business interaction of Burkle and BGI’s main office during normal business hours, Monday through Friday, 8:30AM to 5:30PM.
* Facilitate communication between the Burkle Center and Program Directors who work remotely to keep staff up-to-date.
* Schedule meetings, book conference rooms and update joint Center/Program calendar.
* Purchase and maintain office supplies and equipment using UCLA Purchasing systems.
* Maintain files in paper or in electronic formats, including the update and development of an extensive database on vendors, scholars, and community contacts (entertainment, etc.).
* Process purchase orders, invoices, and reimbursement. Scheduling of payments in coordination with vendors and other Institute staff using UCLA’s internal accounting systems.
* Complete and archive reports annually on organization activities, financial performance, and operations.
* Coordinate with UCLA Campus entities to process necessary paperwork for speakers, Burkle Center fellows, faculty advisory board members, and visiting scholars.
* Provide administrative support to Burkle Center, BGI, and ISRF projects on an as needed basis.
* Develop and produce materials and conduct research for various projects in conjunction with Burkle Center, BGI, and ISRF program partners.
* Responsible for maintaining and updating the Burkle, BGI, and ISRF budgets concurrently.
* Manage and maintain communications between Burkle Center and program partners including U.S. and international government partners (CDC, US State Department, UN, and White House), donors, and other external entities such as think tanks, speaker bureaus, and international focused organizations.
* Complete other tasks as assigned.
* Bachelor of Arts Degree
* At least 2-3 years of professional experience
* Ability to lead and manage personnel, including interns
* Competence to manage complex administrative and financial matters
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Capacity to develop and initiate complex programs
* High level of professionalism
* Experience with Photoshop and InDesign is a plus
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
TO APPLY, PLEASE LOG ON TO https://hr.mycareer.ucla.edu and view Requisition # 28061. POSITION WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED.