1776 Massachusetts Avenue, NW
About Power to Decide
Power to Decide, the campaign to prevent unplanned pregnancy, believes that all young people should have the opportunity to pursue the future they want, realize their full possibility, and follow their intentions. These beliefs guide our work to ensure that all young people have the power to decide if, when, and under what circumstances to get pregnant and have a child. We provide objective, evidence-based information about sexual health and contraceptive options, and we work to guarantee equitable access to and information about the full range of contraceptive methods. We are a national, non-partisan organization that is committed to common ground, common sense solutions and catalyzing innovation in the public and private sectors.
The Program Coordinator will assist in the coordination and support programmatic and operational activities within the Programs team at Power to Decide. This includes supporting the management and implementation of the scope of work associated with One Key Question and Reproductive Well-Being (Intentionality). The Program Coordinator is an integral part of supporting the implementation, expansion, and promotion of program activities and serves as part of the team that ensures the success of the programmatic activities of the initiative. The Program Coordinator is expected to work in close coordination with members of the Programs team and external stakeholders as part of the One Key Question and Reproductive Well-Being initiatives. The ideal candidate should be organized and detail oriented. The Program Coordinator will report to the Chief Program Officer.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide team administrative support including event coordination, report writing, program and data reporting as appropriate
- Assist with all operational aspects of programmatic expansion, e.g. One Key Question, while supporting the mission of Power to Decide
- Identify opportunities for showcasing the scalable solutions and impact of the work for internal and external audiences in close coordination with the Programs team
- Assist in the coordination of program evaluation, to assess policy and environmental changes achieved, in close coordination with the Senior Science Officer
- Help identify partnership opportunities in coordination with the programs team
- Collaborate with leadership to identify areas of shared interest and key issues relating to sexual and reproductive health and organizational planning
- Serve as programmatic liaison to One Key Question, Reproductive Well-Being, and other program initiatives as needed
- Support the development and implementation of creative strategies that engage a diverse range of audiences by building on current efforts and initiating new strategies
- Performing other duties as assigned
We are looking for someone who will think big, embrace innovation, and seek new ways of addressing issues. The successful candidate will be responsible, conscientious, adaptive, and resourceful. They will value diversity of thought, backgrounds, and perspectives; be collaborative and proactive; and work effectively as part of an integrated cross-functional team. They will be able to comfortably embrace a non-ideological “big tent” approach to sexual health and unplanned pregnancy prevention and be passionate about health equity and creating a culture in which all young people can thrive.
Ideally, the Program Coordinator will also have a working understanding of topics related to sexual and reproductive health and healthy equity along with the ability to find interesting ways to engage and educate others about those topics.
The successful candidate will be/have:
- A bachelor’s degree with 2-3 years’ relevant experience
- Experience assisting with convening and organizing stakeholders including those at the national level
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- A high degree of creativity, initiative, and resourcefulness
- Exceptional problem-solving, interpersonal, and strategic thinking capabilities
- Proven track record of communicating effectively in a variety of forms (digital, traditional, etc.) with a diverse range of audiences
- The ability to complete assignments timely and independently in accordance with accepted practices with an eye for resolving any conflicts that may arise
- Proven record of working collaboratively across departments to complete assignments and deliver results
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail, problem-solving, and follow-through
- Ability to work on numerous projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently on long-term projects.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Knowledge and skill in the use of computers, including software used to construct or access databases for word processing and use spreadsheets and database software to prepare reports, maintain databases, and track information
The Program Coordinator is a non-exempt position. Salary is commensurate with experience and Power to Decide has an excellent benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance, 403b, flexible spending accounts, flexible work schedules, and generous leave. Power to Decide is committed to maintaining a diverse staff and an inclusive, multicultural environment. We are proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, parenting status (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, uniformed service member status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
Minimum Education Required