- Job posted by Community Service, Education and Research Fund of the Sierra Sacramento Valley Medical Society
5380 Elvas Ave., Suite 101
The Sierra Sacramento Valley Medical Society (SSVMS) is seeking a program coordinator for its Sacramento Physicians Initiative to Reach Out, Innovate and Teach (SPIRIT) program. Under the supervision of the SPIRIT Program Manager, the coordinator will work directly with medical providers and the public to provide access to specialty healthcare to under-served communities. This position interacts extensively with patients, volunteer physicians and medical office staff, county and community health clinic staff and community health organizations. Local travel and transportation required. Position functions within a small, self-directed office under minimal direct supervision.
The following is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties.
- Provides support to Program Manager with all tasks pertaining to patients, volunteer physicians, referring clinics, health system partners and other SPIRIT partners.
- Conducts patient case management and eligibility activities by phone including scheduling patients for SPIRIT services and notifying patients of appointments.
- Interface with volunteer providers and their schedulers to provide necessary referral and supporting patient documentation.
- Maintain complete and accurate records and document all patient contacts and services provided.
- Monitor patients case status, communicates status to patient and relevant service providers.
- Conduct patient surveys.
- Complies with HIPAA privacy and security regulations that govern disclosure of protected health information.
- Participate in fundraising and volunteer recognition events.
- Work with patients to collect stories and photos for communications.
- Translate program materials into Spanish editions.
- Fluent (reading, writing, speaking) in both Spanish and English, required.
- B.A. or B.S. degree recommended. Coursework or experience in social services, healthcare, or educational fields highly desired.
- Experience in healthcare or health education recommended. Understanding of, or willingness to learn, health care related issues.
- IT fluency, including basic knowledge of computers and relational databases; must have a willingness to jump in and learn new software programs as necessary.
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends.
- Employee Health and Dental Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Sick Leave Benefit
- Vacation Benefits
- Pension plan (after one-year employment)
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluent (reading, writing, speaking) in both Spanish and English, required.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Qualified candidates may apply by emailing the following application packet for receipt by Friday, April 27, 2018:
- Cover Letter of Interest. Make sure your cover letter includes the following: "I want to be a part of the Medical Society SPIRIT program because...."