Seattle Pacific University
3307 Third Ave W
About Seattle Pacific University:
Founded in 1891, Seattle Pacific University has a long and distinguished history in Christian higher education. Located just minutes from downtown Seattle, SPU seeks to be a premier Christian University fully committed to engaging the culture and changing the world by graduating people of competence and character, becoming people of wisdom, and modeling grace-filled community. Seattle Pacific University seeks applicants committed to its Christian mission. Due to our mission of cultural engagement, SPU is committed to building an excellent and diverse staff and faculty. People from historically underrepresented groups are particularly encouraged to apply.
The Social Media Specialist is an experienced professional who will manage, monitor, analyze, and expand Seattle Pacific University's (SPU) social media presence to support the university's recruitment efforts and implement the university's marketing and communication strategies as outlined in the Strategic Enrollment and Marketing Management Plan.
This role is an integrated marketing team member who will work collaboratively with the Director of Public Information to develop, execute, and manage social media content for various university outreach efforts. This person will also work closely with undergraduate and graduate teams to plan, support, and track recruitment efforts in social media platforms and develop content and programs as an initial entry point and evergreen resource for prospective students to learn about SPU. Since prospective and current students come from a variety of ethnic and cultural backgrounds, it is important for this role to authentically engage in multicultural community and seek to represent the fullness of the SPU community with respect and willingness to learn.
The Social Media Specialist will possess not only strong creative skills, including writing, photography, and videography, but also the ability to ensure consistency in terminology, look/feel, and messaging, as well as the ability to plan and manage engaging social media content across various channels.
This position requires an excellent communicator for diverse audiences, team player, and creative thinker, with the ability to use both data and intuition to inform content decisions.
- Leads social media content strategy development and implementation for the Office of University Communications marketing and communication efforts and for graduate and undergraduate student recruitment in all SPU social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Snapchat, and YouTube).
- Develops, writes, edits, continuously publishes, and repurposes social media content in different formats for university's social media channels. Together with Director of Public Information, creates social media calendars and processes for cross-promoting content across channels.
- Builds, manages, and is continuously publishing, engaging youth (13-18 year old) targeted social media content to help reach a prospective and diverse student community.
- Managing paid social media campaigns for a variety of campus constituents from planning, set up, execution, management, and optimization.
- Works closely with undergraduate and graduate admissions team to maintain a consistent voice and message across all online channels. Assists in developing social media content strategy in support of undergraduate and graduate recruitment.
- Collaborates with other departments and offices to coordinate promotion of events, new initiatives or programs, and general awareness.
- Using analytics and online marketing tools, continually tracks and benchmarks content performance, delivering metrics with in-depth assessment and actionable recommendations.
- Develops and drives strategic content and channel recommendations based on analytics, key audience insight, social media consumption habits, and digital trends.
- Explores new and emerging trends across the digital landscape.
- Works with a student team to build and manage SPU's social media presence on Instagram and Snapchat.
- Manages development and implementation of most SPU videos, and maintain the university's YouTube channel.
- Leads monthly meeting of cross-campus Social Media Team to review, analyze, and plan.
- Assists with crisis communications.
- Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, journalism, public relations, or related field.
- At least two years of experience as social media writer, editor, and content strategist, preferably with youth markets and/or multicultural contexts.
- Experience planning and managing social media content projects, including coordinating with other stakeholder teams and outcome owners.
- Active and well-rounded personal presence in social media, with a command of each network and their best practices. Should have an established portfolio of social media marketing projects and writing and editing examples.
- Knowledge of marketing principles and experience in applying them is essential.
- Analytical tendencies with a natural curiosity to measure, test, learn, and iterate in order to get the best results possible.
- Knowledge of the web development and the design field is desirable, but actual production skills are not mandatory.
- Exceptional writing skills and proven ability to communicate to diverse audiences through written word, video, and design as well as the ability to adopt the style, tone, and voice for various types of content.
- Strong proofreading and editing skills. Knowledge of copy-editing and Associated Press style, and attention to detail, are an absolute must.
- Passion for excellence and delivering results with the highest standards.
- The ability to meet deadlines and coordinate several jobs simultaneously is essential, as is the ability to work within a team setting.
- Video production experience a plus.
- Motivated self-starter who enjoys working in a fast-paced, creative, open office environment.
- Some evening/weekend work required.
- Enthusiasm for our SPU mission, passion for our core audiences, and creativity to advance our engagement efforts is required.
Software/programs used in position:
- MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Online project tracking software (Clarizen)
- Microsoft Teams
Position will remain open until filled.
Salary: $50,000 - $55,000 annually
This is a full time position with excellent benefits. SPU pays the employee premium for medical, dental, and vision insurance. SPU makes contributions to an employee HSA account and to a retirement account after one year of eligibility in the plan. Tuition discount program available for the employee and qualified immediate family members.
Please submit a cover letter and resume along with an online application.
Minimum Education Required