ABFE is a membership-based philanthropic organization that advocates for responsive and transformative investments in Black communities. Partnering with foundations, nonprofits, and individuals, ABFE provides its members with professional development and technical assistance resources that further the philanthropic sector's connection and responsiveness to issues of equality, diversity, and inclusion. Established in 1971 as the Association of Black Foundation Executives, the all-volunteer organization instituted many of philanthropy's early gains in racial diversity. ABFE has since evolved into a fully staffed, influential network. In 2013, the organization shed its descriptor and adopted the simpler ABFE to reflect its broadening membership better. www.abfe.org
ABFE is currently seeking a diligent full-time Staff Accountant to join our finance and administration team in New York City.
The Staff Accountant reports to the VP of Finance and Administration, maintains and control general ledger accounts and business transactions of the organization, applying the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) that includes analytical work and thorough review of financial records.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Processing accounts payable transactions and ensuring that all invoices and staff reimbursements are paid accurately and in accordance with Finance policies and procedures.
· Maintaining treasury function, assisting with cashflow projections and conducting internal audits.
· Performing monthly balance sheet reconciliations and reconciliations between Finance and Development Reports.
· Responding to information requests and assisting with audits.
· Preparing monthly budget/forecast to actual variance reports per program and department.
· Contributing to the development and review of annual operating budgets and performance projections.
· Contributing to the development of new or amended accounting systems, programs and procedures.
· Performing other accounting duties as required or assigned.
· An understanding of and commitment to ABFE's mission and a demonstrated commitment to racial justice and equity.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and proficiency in Excel and Word.
· Strong numeracy and analytical skills.
· Working Knowledge of GAAP.
· Good problem solving and time management skills.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with short deadlines with multi high- stake initiatives.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills with exceptional attention to detail.
HOW TO APPLY: Interested candidates, please, forward cover letter and a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please enter “Staff Accountant” in the subject line.
ABFE is a membership-based philanthropic organization that advocates for responsive and transformative investments in Black communities. Partnering with foundations, nonprofits, and individuals, ABFE provides its members with…