Part Time Temporary
32 Old Slip
Do you care passionately about supporting nonprofits and thrive in a fast-paced environment? If you do, this is the role for you. Foundation Center is looking for a part-time Customer Engagement Assistant with dynamic communication skills to join our Subscription Products team.
Established in 1956, Foundation Center is the leading source of information about philanthropy worldwide. Through data, analysis, and training, it connects people who want to change the world to the resources they need to succeed. Foundation Center maintains the most comprehensive database on U.S. and, increasingly, global grantmakers and their grants — a robust, accessible knowledge bank for the sector. It also operates research, education, and training programs designed to advance knowledge of philanthropy at every level. Thousands of people visit Foundation Center's website each day and are served in its five regional hubs and its network of more than 400 funding information centers located in public libraries, community foundations, and educational institutions nationwide and around the world.
POSITION: Customer Engagement Assistant (Part-time, long-term)
REPORTING TO: Customer Engagement Manager
SCHEDULE: Monday through Friday (19 hours per week)
LOCATION: NYC (downtown Manhattan)
The Customer Engagement Team seeks a dynamic individual to support Foundation Center’s Subscription Products as a part-time assistant. S\he will serve as the primary-point of contact for Foundation Center’s Subscription Products customers and users; answering product, subscription and account questions. The ideal candidate will develop a thorough understanding of all products (current state and enhancements) and provide exceptional guidance to both novice and expert users. The successful candidate will possess strong communication skills, both oral and written, and the ability to learn new technologies. This critical, front-line support role requires keen listening skills to provide outstanding support. Users’ concerns must be quickly understood, and solutions must be expediently provided. The role also entails responding to product inquiries from prospective subscribers; providing demonstrations that lead to successful customer acquisitions and upsells.
· Subject matter expert support for all subscription products
· Support existing and prospective customers with live product demonstrations
· Respond to lead generation inquiries and finalize acquisitions whenever possible or refer enterprise opportunities to manager/director.
· Suggest additional services to users when appropriate and support all related marketing initiatives
· Deliver best-in-class customer Omni-channel support (email, phone, live audio/video chat)
· Respond to all inquiries in the customer engagement queue within expected service level agreements (SLAs)
· Convey customer feedback to internal product and marketing stakeholders
· Quickly assess customer needs and respond to all inquiries with empathy and efficiency
· Support customers and document all communications with customers in accordance with all department standard operating procedures
· Attention to detail and exceptional follow-through required so all customer issues are resolved in a timely fashion. This includes but is not limited to billing, account access and updates, product demos, resolution of product bugs, and general inquiries.
· Perform other duties as assigned
· Excellent written, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
o Comfortable interacting with professionals spanning entry to executive levels
- Strong work ethic, highly organized, and able to manage multiple projects concurrently in a fast-paced environment.
- Technical skills
- CRM, chat, ticketing, or other database competencies strongly preferred
- MS Office
· Bachelor’s degree
· Minimum of five years 5 years of customer service or sales support experience
· Familiarity with the nonprofit sector preferred, but not mandatory
· Commitment to the nonprofit sector essential
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
We're looking for candidates who want long-term temporary, non-benefits eligible, part-time employment. Only candidates who are seriously seeking part-time employment will be considered. If you are looking for a full-time or benefits eligible position, please do not apply.
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line. In your cover letter, please address the following:
· The reason you are seeking a part-time position
· Your desired hourly wage
· The expected length of time you desire part-time work
· Where you saw our job posting
Your application will only be considered if all instructions above are met.
Due to the high volume of applicants we typically receive, we regret that we can only contact candidates that we would like to interview.
For more information on positions available at Foundation Center, please visit our website: http://foundationcenter.org/about/jobs/
Foundation Center is an equal opportunity employer.