2390 EL CAMINO REAL
Your Mission, Should You Choose to Accept
At the Peery Foundation, our mission is to strengthen youth and families to build lives of dignity and self-reliance. We invest in and serve social entrepreneurs and leading organizations in the San Francisco Bay Area and around the world. This starts with investing in people, including our own top notch team. Our team is made up of individuals who know the scene, but also know where the roles can be altered to practice philanthropy with humility. Joining our team means you’re committed to working with organizations and community stakeholders with empathy and trust at the forefront.
About The Role
This is no ordinary fundraising job. As Peer Relationship Manager, you will be focused on identifying connections between our grantee peers and our funder peers. Using your past experience hustling for causes you care about, you’ll build trust-based relationships with our grantee and funder colleagues in order to understand their distinct needs. You’ll then create connections that lead to quality pipeline for funders and financial support for our grantees.
You’ll be highly adaptable, an excellent storyteller, and not shy away from building your vast library of knowledge across geographies and issues within and outside of the PF. You’ll know how to weave in your diverse fundraising experience, coaching for grantees, and (when appropriate) call on outside support to help grantees achieve their fundraising goals. In working with our peer funders, you’ll also be an advocate in sharing and inviting the philanthropic sector to join us in practicing Grantee-Centric Philanthropy (GCP).
The Peer Relationship Manager will be an equal contributor in our flat team structure, embrace opportunities to learn from those we seek to serve, and champion the PF’s org-wide goals of open communication and collaboration, prioritizing team health, and essentialism.
As Peer Relationship Manager you’ll also be responsible for:
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with new and existing peer funders
- Identifying common priorities and interests between foundations and PF grantees
- Using storytelling to advocate for our portfolio of ~60 grantees across all three portfolios
- Recommend prospect organizations to funders
- Preparing grantees for conversations with lead funders
- Helping funders understand how to better serve grantees
- Recording and tracking interactions and outcomes within the PF systems
- Designing how to measure impact of connections and iterate on process to achieve results
- Sharing Grantee-Centric Philanthropy and PF philosophy and practice
For this position you’ll need:
- 5-7 years experience working with social sector organization(s)
- Development, fundraising, and/or many-to-many relationship management experience
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- Authorization to work in the United States
- Excellence at retaining and mentally categorizing data and details
- Comfort interacting with many different communities
- Willingness to be a part of an open feedback culture
- Practice using good judgement
- Excellent time management while remaining flexible
- Comfort with problem solving in ambiguous situations
- High level of trustworthiness and integrity
- A positive attitude
- Ability to have fun and laugh at a good (and sometimes bad) joke
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Let us know you’re interested
Applying for a job seems straightforward at first, but it takes time and easily gets complicated. While we already think you’re awesome for even considering joining us (seriously, thank you!), it's actually really challenging to find you in the midst of applications we receive.
So this is where we're going to ask you for a favor: can you make it really easy and obvious how great you are? Please share the below with us:
- Tell us what you do in the world today and how you got there. Share this information in any format that reflects who you are.
- Tell us about the relationship you’re most proud of building. What about it works and/or gives you fulfillment?
- How did you hear about us? A job posting? Chalk on a sidewalk? From a friend?
Some easy ways to tell us:
- Send a link to your LinkedIn
- Make a very short video
- Personal website
- Write us a brief note
- Create a very short slide deck
Some ways not to tell us:
- Feature-length films
- Something that took you way too long
- Some way that doesn’t feel like “you”
- Send us your resume only
You can reach us at email@example.com with the subject line Peer Relationship Manager Application. We look forward to hearing from you.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of age, race, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, religion, disability, or veteran status.