2500 NE 54th Street
YouthCare works to end youth homelessness and to ensure that young people are valued for who they are and empowered to achieve their potential. Founded in 1974, YouthCare was one of the first shelters to serve runaway and homeless youth on the West Coast. The goal was to help young people find safety today, and build a future for tomorrow. Over four decades, we’ve defined best practices and developed programs that are a national standard for excellence. Using a youth-centered approach, we ensure that young people experiencing homelessness ages 12-24 have the hope, skills, and confidence to gain long-term stability.
YouthCare is currently seeking a Case Manager – Rapid Rehousing for Homelessness Prevention Services: Under the supervision of the Homelessness Prevention Program Manager, the Case Manager is responsible for intensive case management for young adults, ages 18-25, who are referred to and participate in YouthCare’s Rapid Rehousing Program. Participants will be housed in their own apartments or rental rooms throughout King County. The Case Manager will support young people, in addition to cultivating and supporting landlord relationships. This position requires a high degree of flexibility in responding to emergent needs of young people in crisis as well as good organizational and documentation skills.
The Rapid Rehousing Case Manager will be based out of a YouthCare program site and will be expected to travel throughout King County to meet young people where they are. Additionally, the Rapid Re-Housing Case Manager will be required to occasionally attend meetings at other YouthCare programs/facilities to publicize the Rapid Re-Housing Program and to recruit potential new participants.
Successful candidates will have:
- 1 year of case management experience.
- 1-2 years working with young people experiencing homelessness.
- Experience working in crisis situations and de-escalation techniques.
- Understanding of issues affecting young people experiencing homelessness; knowledge of age-appropriate resources.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills, attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize to meet participant and program needs.
- Ability to work as a member of a team.
- Personal vehicle, car insurance that meets YouthCare’s minimum requirements, and a willingness to transport youth.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Experience and credentials must comply with program contract requirements
YouthCare is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by law. People of Color and Members of the LGBTQ community are strongly encouraged to apply.
We offer competitive compensation, medical, dental, vision, paid leave, and transit subsidies!
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To learn more and apply for this opportunity, please click here: Case Manager – Rapid Rehousing