ABOUT THE POSITION: The Counselor is responsible for milieu management while engaging clients in a direct social service program. Time is divided among direct service, operations, and administrative responsibilities to ensure the efficient and effective operation of the program. Duties include client engagement, intake, assessment, advocacy, information and referral, problem solving and crisis intervention, in addition to meal preparation, laundry, and light janitorial assignments. This is a unionized position, represented by Local 8 of the Office and Professional Employees International Union (OPEIU).
ABOUT THE PROGRAM: Since 1999, Cascade Women’s Program has provided a safe place to live and access to vital resources for homeless women in Seattle. The program provides 32 units of permanent housing for women, along with case management and support from a skilled, compassionate staff.
LOCATION: Cascade Women’s Program near South Lake Union
REPORTS TO: Program Manager
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
SCHEDULE: Sunday 10:30pm-8:30am; Monday & Tuesday 11:30pm-8:30am
SALARY RANGE: $15.76 per hour
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- An Associate’s degree is strongly desired, Bachelor’s degree preferred in social work or related field. Or relevant work experience, certificate and/or equivalent continuing professional development or education.
- A minimum of 1-year experience in customer service, required.
- At least 1-year experience in human services (work and/or volunteer), desired.
- Familiarity with issues of homelessness, mental illness, chemical dependency, sexual assault, and/or domestic violence, desired.
- Experience working with clients with English as a second language or where there is limited English speaking ability.
Minimum Education Required