Stanford Graduate School of Business
Residing in Silicon Valley, the heart of innovation, Stanford GSB has built a global reputation based on its immersive and innovative management programs. We provide students a transformative leadership experience, push the boundaries of knowledge with faculty research, and offer a portfolio of entrepreneurial and non-degree programs that deliver global impact like no other. We strive to change lives, change organizations, and change the world.
The purpose of this position is to communicate and market to thousands of prospective MBA students across various channels, maintaining our consistent and distinctive voice. Drives content strategy and content creation. Under the guidance of senior management, participates in the development and implementation of marketing initiatives, enabling programs, services, events and/or products to meet business objectives. Vendor management. Drives cross-functional collaboration across the organization.
Your primary responsibilities include:
- Recommend and execute marketing strategies to meet business objectives.
- Manage marketing plans/programs to meet business objectives, including collaboration with internal stakeholders and vendor partners.
- Implement integrated marketing communications and brand strategy, across a variety of channels (i.e., digital and print).
- Oversee design and production of marketing materials from inception to deployment.
- Conduct market research, including competitive benchmarking, and analyze campaign/program/ service/event effectiveness used to inform decisions regarding strategic marketing direction, product segmentation and customer targeting.
- Assess market opportunities and track market trends. Recommend marketing improvements based on findings.
- Manage content strategy and content creation.
- Plan and execute events like focus groups to support marketing objectives.
- Manage vendors/consultants on specific projects.
- Manage project/program budget(s) and coordinate invoice processing.
- May represent MBA Admissions through information sessions or other recruiting events for prospective students.
- Other duties may also be assigned
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
· Bachelor's degree and five years of relevant experience; or a combination of education and relevant experience.
· Previous experience in product, program and/or services marketing.
· Ability to drive cross-functional groups toward a common goal.
· Experience with project management and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
· Understands how to implement integrated marketing programs across channels including digital and print.
· Experience with market research and data analysis.
· Demonstrated problem solver.
· Demonstrated copywriting experience.
· Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills.
· Experience with social media and websites.
In addition, preferred requirements include:
· MBA or other related graduate degree.
* Please note this position will require occasional work on evenings and weekends and possible light travel
*Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Why Stanford is for You
Stanford’s dedicated 16,000 staff come from diverse educational and career backgrounds. We are a collaborative environment that thrives on innovation and continuous improvement. At Stanford, we seek talent committed to excellence, driven to impact the future of our legacy, and improve lives on a global sphere. We provide competitive salaries, excellent health care and retirement plans, and a generous vacation policy, including additional time off during our winter closure. Our generous perks align with what matters to you:
· Freedom to grow. Take advantage of career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a Ted Talk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or leader discuss global issues.
· A caring culture. We understand the importance of your personal and family time and provide you access to wellness programs, child-care resources, parent education and consultation, elder care and caregiving support.
· A healthier you. We make wellness a priority by providing access to world-class exercise facilities. Climb our rock wall, or participate in one of hundreds of health or fitness classes.
· Discovery and fun. Visit campus gardens, trails, and museums.
· Enviable resources. We offer free commuter programs and ridesharing incentives. Enjoy discounts for computers, cell phones, recreation, travel, entertainment, and more!
We pride ourselves in being a culture that encourages and empowers you.
Minimum Education Required