Details: Hourly pay
Rocketship Public Schools is reinventing elementary school from the ground up. We are building a national network of high-performing schools serving students from low income communities in the Bay Area, Milwaukee, Nashville, and Washington D.C. We serve 7,000 primarily low income students (87% of Rocketeers are socioeconomically disadvantaged) from Pre-K to 5th grade. Our teachers, school leaders, and network support staff are united in our mission to eliminate the achievement gap in our lifetime.
Rocketship is hiring for the part-time Family Recruiter position. The primary purpose of the Family Recruiter role is fill open spots and build robust waitlists of prospective students. This position will require you to work closely with the school's Office Manager, Community Development Manager, and Principal to execute on recruitment plans and meet goals set by the team.
Ability to engage families in dialogue about Rocketship and a passion for our mission to eliminate the achievement gap is a must. Family recruiters are our faces and voice to new families and will be expected to execute their responsibilities with professionalism and a high degree of customer service.
· Canvasing within recruitment areas specified by the recruitment plan you are helping to execute. Canvasing includes but is not limited to knocking on doors, making contact with local community groups and businesses, and handing out pamphlets to prospective families at events/high traffic locations.
· Support in Data entry
· Support with phone calls to new and prospective families in English
· Event planning and marketing of informational meetings for prospective families.
· Tracking recruitment work in target area to ensure all potential families are contacted.
· Supporting new and existing schools in enrollment
· Providing feedback to inform continued refinement of recruitment plans.
· A passion for Rocketship's mission to eliminate the achievement gap and a belief that all students can achieve academic success.
· Excellent interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills
· PC-based computer skills, and ability to learn new computer programs quickly
· Ability to work in a team as well as follow through independently to complete tasks as required
· Ability to maintain strict confidentiality where required and discretion when involved in sensitive conversations
· High tolerance for ambiguity, changing work priorities and deadlines, and a willingness to take on responsibilities and to prioritize work on multiple projects
How to Apply
To submit an online application, please go to the following link: http://www.rocketshipschools.org/join-our-team/network-support-opportunities/
Rocketship Public Schools provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Rocketship Public Schools complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Rocketship Public Schools expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Rocketship Public Schools' employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
Minimum Education Required