The Outcome and Evaluation Director is an exciting new role created by and shared between two leading youth development organizations in Boston – Sociedad Latina(SL) in Roxbury and West End House (WEH) in Allston. This role will be central to each organization’s commitment to measure program effectiveness and presents an exciting opportunity to dive into vast amounts of data and help SL and WEH tell the amazing story of impact in their communities. The ideal candidate will approach the work from a holistic viewpoint of how programs are uniquely tied to impact, and the best ways to introduce synergies between operations and measurement. They will have extensive experience with program evaluation, preferably in a non-profit setting. Experience working with youth from urban communities and partnering with community based organizations is a plus.
The Director will drive evaluation efforts at SL and WEH to a new level of sophistication, developing and implementing new opportunities to build knowledge and evidence with an eye toward long-term growth, sustainability, and program refinement.
Enhance culture and capacity
· Engage with staff members throughout the organization to understand their evaluation and data needs.
· Support all staff as they work to input and utilize client and outcome data; ensure complete and accurate data entry via regular staff training and maintenance procedures;
· Design, modify, and oversee the administration of data collection instruments, such as surveys and questionnaires, as well as focus groups and interviews; create or amend existing tools to better align with desired program outcomes
· Critically analyze results of all evaluation activities, seek areas where efficiencies could help bolster the reliability and validity of collected data, and course correct where necessary.
· Create systems to track deliverables across each organization’s grant portfolio; identify system deficiencies and recommend solutions to improve the program quality
· Create monthly, quarterly, and annual reports as necessary, summarizing the totality of the organization's data across all existing metrics; work with the development team to produce high quality impact reports for internal and external stakeholders.
· Manage each organization’s evaluation activities across multiple platforms and settings, while simultaneously promoting conformity and consistency among all collected data and existing survey instruments.
· Act as the primary manager of databases including but not limited to: Efforts to Outcomes (ETO), Vision (MTS), Salesforce; increase data system usage among program staff and leadership[DB1] .
· Support system enhancement (and migration to new platforms when necessary).
Position Requirements (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Work Demands)
- Bachelor’s degree required, Masters in related field a plus
- Demonstrates Knowledge of Data Management and Systems
- Self-motivated and resourceful, significant evaluation/outcomes experience required
- Experience supporting and enhancing database processes that support many functional departments; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Ability to synthesize complex concepts and translate their meaning.
- Coursework or relevant field experience in statistics.
- Intermediate to advanced technical skills in Microsoft products – Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Prior use of Excel statistics add on package or SPSS and SAS.
- Excellent organizational and writing skills, solid verbal communications.
- Ability to work independently and as a team.
- Demonstrated ability to work across cultures and ethnic backgrounds.
Founded in 1968, Sociedad Latina is a comprehensive youth development organization located in Mission Hill/Roxbury. We achieve our mission through the implementation of our Pathways to Success positive youth development model, which is designed to meet the needs of Boston’s Latino and English Language Learner (ELL) youth ages 11-21. Through Pathways, youth build the skills necessary for long-term success by engaging in comprehensive programming in four areas: Education, Civic Engagement, Workforce Development and Arts & Culture. Our model is culturally relevant, bilingual and rooted in the community.
West End House is an innovative and vibrant youth development agency that provides outcomes-driven programs to more than 1,600 youth ages 7-24 living in the city of Boston. High-impact programs, delivered by a dynamic team of professional staff and volunteers, ensure that our young people are succeeding academically, exploring and mastering the arts, developing career readiness skills, and adopting healthy lifestyles.
This position will work out the SL office 2 days per week and the WEH 3 days per week.
Pension after one year
LTD, STD and life insurance
vacation, holiday and sick pay
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send cover letter and resume to Sarah MacPherson at firstname.lastname@example.org