The International Visitors Council of Los Angeles (IVCLA) is a private, non-partisan, non-profit organization, which implements the U.S. Department of State's International Visitor Leadership Program (IVLP) of professional and cultural exchanges. The purpose is to increase mutual understanding through communication at the personal and professional levels and thereby contribute to improving relations between the United States and other countries.
About the Position:
The part-time Projects Coordinator will provide administrative support for the implementation of International Visitor projects sponsored by the U.S. Department of State and other agencies.
Description of Duties:
- Data entry of statistics for international visitors and meeting information to comply with the reporting requirements of the U.S. Department of State
- Compile monthly statistics and generate upcoming visitor lists
- Provide administrative support to IVCLA Program Officers by preparing visitors' welcome packets and program documents
- Prepare, track and send IVCLA membership monthly renewal notices
- Assist in contacting potential home hospitality hosts and send international visitors' bios to home hospitality hosts
- Assist with special projects and events as needed
- Bachelor's degree or 1-2 years of relevant work experience or internships
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Excel, Database Management and general office experience
- Strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize and multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work effectively and accurately under pressure of deadlines
- Ability to work well with others and accept all cultural backgrounds
Permanent part-time position (20 hours per week). Hourly rate of $13.00 per hour.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a cover letter, resume and three professional references to Natalia Lvovich at email@example.com with the subject line "Projects Coordinator". No phone calls please.