Fair Count is seeking a highly motivated individual to manage its digital and social media operations. Responsibilities include building, maintaining, and continuously growing a robust digital audience for Fair Count’s messages regarding census completion, voting, redistricting, and civic engagement writ large. The Digital and Social Media Manager will build relationships with organizers around the state and nation and support digital relational organizing efforts while uplifting the work of Fair Count. The Digital and Social Media Manager will be responsible for understanding current events, the messages of congruent organizations in the digital landscape, and will ensure that Fair Count’s content is strategic, timely, and unique.
Reporting to the Director of Communications, the Digital and Social Media Manager will collaborate closely with other Fair Count departments and contribute to Fair Count’s digital strategy and short- and long-term organizational goals. Fair Count’s Digital and Social Media Manager must bring to the table a nimble attitude and entrepreneurial spirit, as Fair Count is a fast-acting organization tethered to a rapidly changing time and place. Expectations and definitions of success will be fluid as we grow and navigate new challenges and opportunities.
Duties of the Digital and Social Media Manager include:
● Developing, maintaining, and growing the integrated communications for Fair Count, including email, social media, and web properties;
● Helping to create and follow a digital plan to achieve online and digital relational organizing goals and social media saturation;
● Producing educational, mobilization, and interactive content for Fair Count’s email and social media communications that supports greater civic participation;
● Tracking and analyzing digital data to ensure best practices over time;
● Working cross-departmentally to ensure accurate and easy use of Hustle, Mobilize, and other digital/digital relational organizing tools;
● Producing graphics, handouts, PowerPoint presentations, etc., as needed, and/or working with contractors to complete them;
● Highlighting shareable social media content for both internal and external audiences;
● Maintaining Fair Count’s online partnerships with other social media influencers and organizations and appropriately uplifting and communicating with them;
● Performing maintenance and updates to website; liaising with web developers;
● Producing videos to educate and mobilize targeted universes about opportunities for civic engagement and/or working with contractors to complete them;
● Running point on digital and tech tools for both online and in-person events;
● Participating in team meetings, field meetings, and regular strategy meetings;
● Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of news regarding civic engagement efforts and reflecting that knowledge across various platforms;
● Excelling in a fast-paced, high-stakes environment and rising to new, often impressive, challenges; and
● Performing other duties or special projects as needed.
Desired Skills and Qualifications
● At least three years’ experience with digital strategy for campaigns and/or advocacy;
● Working knowledge of social media trends, tactics, and strategic use;
● Patience and exceptional people skills;
● Responsiveness and positivity as a team player who enjoys versatility and constant new challenges;
● Comfort utilizing Action Network, VAN, Hustle, Mobilize, and/or other digital relational organizing tools;
● Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Docs, Dropbox, and database management tools, as well as creative programs, digital tools, and website platforms; and
● A strong commitment to Fair Count’s values.
Fair Count is seeking a highly motivated individual to manage its digital and social media operations. Responsibilities include building, maintaining, and continuously growing a robust digital audience for Fair Count’s messages…
Fair Count pays for 60% of an employee's health plan. Fair Count offers a generous vacation and PTO package, fully paid maternity/paternity leave for birth, adoption and foster care parents, and maintains a family-friendly office.
Fair Count pays for 60% of an employee's health plan. Fair Count offers a generous vacation and PTO package, fully paid maternity/paternity leave for birth, adoption and foster care…
To apply, submit a cover letter, your resume, your portfolio, any professional social media handles, and a list of three professional references.