Details: Salary commensurate with experience.
7500 Beechnut St Ste 208
Faith In Practice is an ecumenical Christian, not-for-profit, medical mission organization. The mission of Faith In Practice is to improve the physical, spiritual, and economic conditions of the poor in Guatemala through short-term medical, surgical, and dental mission trips and related educational programs.
Reporting to the Volunteer Program Director, the Volunteer Program Assistant provides administrative support to the volunteer program department, which manages logistics and pre-trip planning for more than 1,200 volunteers annually.
Bachelor's degree required, plus 1-2 years of related experience. Must be able to manage multiple, often concurrent, deadlines in a fast-paced environment. Strong organizational skills and attention to detail a must. Candidates with a heart for mission encouraged to apply.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Volunteer Program Logistics
- The Volunteer Program Assistant assists the Volunteer Program Manager (VPM) in the review and preparation of volunteer applications; including the review of personal and professional letters of reference, CVs, proofs of specialty, and hospital privilege letters; looks up medical licenses and ensures all materials are entered into the database and archived on the network drive prior to the application approval.
- The Volunteer Program Assistant manages all administrative aspects of the proof of specialty process, under the guidance of the VPM and the Volunteer Program Director (VPD). The Volunteer Program Assistant prepares, files, and sends current medical licenses and other proofs of specialty for applicable volunteers to appropriate staff in Guatemala prior to trip departure; ensures all credentialing information is up to date in the database and network drive.
- Working with VPD, the Volunteer Program Assistant helps maintain the Volunteer Resource and Team Leader Resource pages on the website to include all new and updated resources.
- Informs and educates volunteers on policies and procedures as appropriate; fields general questions about serving on a Faith In Practice mission team.
- Ensures that team leadership has entered logistical information, such as flights, hotel assignments, into the database by deadlines outlined on team checklist.
- Prepares and saves forms on the network drive for each team including: Emergency Contact Info, Flight Manifests, and Passport Info by deadlines outlined on team checklist.
- Under the direction of the VPD and VPM, the Volunteer Program Assistant reviews customs forms submitted by team leadership, and ensures forms are saved to the network drive and sent to Guatemala by deadlines outlined on team checklist.
- Under the guidance of the VPM, the Volunteer Program Assistant manages the resources required for and the assembly and mailing of Welcome Packets sent to all Trip Volunteers and directs volunteers in the process as needed or completes the mailings when volunteers are not available.
- Prepares and mails Team Leadership Packets for all teams in a timely fashion.
- The Volunteer Program Assistant schedules team member assessments and saves the results on the network drive by deadlines outlined on team checklist, working under the direction of the VPD.
- In addition to weekly departmental meetings, the VPA provides regular status updates on assigned tasks and projects.
Administration and General Logistics
- Acts as first responder to all general team-related inquiries from current and potential volunteers. Answers phones and provides other administrative support.
- Checks general email account and fax folder, processes or distributes to appropriate staff daily.
- Assists the finance department with checking mail and counting checks.
We offer PTO (paid time off); medical, dental, and vision insurance; and 401k retirement plan.
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluency in English required.
Minimum Education Required