Director of Program Development - help Ignited inspire millions of students in STEM education
- Job posted by Ignited
Ignited’s vision is to foster a community of educators, scientists, engineers, and business leaders who share a commitment to ensuring that all members of our society are equipped to benefit from and contribute to the innovations in science and technology that shape our nation.
Ignited’s flagship Summer Fellowship Program, now in its 35th year, immerses teachers in hands-on internships in host companies and universities and provides support in translating those experiences into exciting and relevant classroom instruction. Ignited Teacher Fellows, in turn, inspire millions of students to actively participate in the entrepreneurial ecosystem of the San Francisco Bay Area and beyond.
Top Reasons to Join the Ignited Team:
- Thrive in a culture of passionate, dedicated and fun professionals;
- Help shape the future of an incredibly powerful program impacting educators, students and the broader community;
- Join a small, dynamic team that allows for professional growth, with each member able to make a considerable and lasting impact;
- Leave work each day knowing that you’ve contributed to building a stronger STEM literate community.
Ignited is currently rapidly growing its footprint in the Bay Area with an eye towards expansion into other regions across the country. Ignited is seeking an entrepreneurial Director of Program Development to scale and innovate the design and implementation of all elements of Ignited’s programs. The ideal candidate for this role has a strong track record of building innovative educational programs, is passionate about working with teachers and is familiar with the landscape of educational standards and curriculum design. This is a unique opportunity to shape Ignited’s future in a role that encompasses both thought leadership and operational responsibility for developing and implementing programs and measuring impact.
We seek a team player who is operationally strong and fluent in educational best practices, as well as an inspirational leader who can work with the executive team and Board of Directors to set vision and strategy. Success in this role will necessitate the use of data to drive decision making, the ability to build strong relationships with multiple stakeholders, and charisma and communications skills to inspire corporate partners, funders, colleagues and Ignited’s teacher fellows.
Because of you Ignited will have significantly more fellows in its program that will impact millions more students!
Responsibilities for this position include the following:
- Provide overall leadership in the design and implementation of Ignited educational programs;
- Manage growth of the Summer Fellowship Program from 60 to 100 Fellows in 2019;
- Develop and nurture key educational partnerships with schools of education, district and school administrators, other teacher professional development and pre-service programs that further Ignited’s mission and vision and contribute to a broad educational impact;
- Plan and implement the Ignited Summer Fellowship Program in which teachers are placed in paid and mentored summer work experiences in industry and university settings;
- Provide year-round support for teachers to help transfer their summer work experience into enrichment for themselves, their students and the larger educational community;
- Build a strong mentorship model to support the role of sponsoring organizations;
- Evaluate and measure Ignited program impact on teachers and students and participate in other evaluation activities related to Ignited programs; Plan and implement the Summer Fellowship Program including overseeing teacher recruitment process, providing applicant workshops, orienting Fellows, arranging the content of summer meetings, and expanding the Ignited website as appropriate to these activities;
- Identify, train, supervise, and direct the duties of Ignited Coaches and other staff to fully facilitate the transition of Fellows from their ease in the classroom into industry or university settings;
- Oversee the transfer of teachers’ industry-based experiences (Summer Fellowships and Externships) into enhanced school curriculum, classroom activity and career readiness, including monitoring the Educational Transfer Plan process.
The successful candidate will be a motivated, results-driven self-starter, who can see and advance the “big picture” while still being detail oriented. S/he has excellent organizational skills and enjoys working in a fast-paced, high energy, collaborative environment toward the goal of powerfully impacting the STEM education system.
The position requires:
- Knowledge of and experience with the Bay Area educational systems and educators required;
- Non-classroom work experience preferred, preferably in management and/or organizational development;
- Familiarity with program evaluation and managing an evaluation consultant;
- Demonstrated ability to lead and accomplish goals;
- Knowledge of current educational theory required;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including presentations;
- Minimum of 7-10 years experience in education;
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
Position Term, Hours, Location and Salary:
The Director of Program Development reports directly to the CEO. The position is a full-time, exempt position based at the Ignited office within Agilent Technologies in Santa Clara, California. This position is subject to the policies and procedures listed in the Ignited Employee Handbook. Salary is competitive, based on qualifications and potential contributions to Ignited. Generous benefit including medical, dental, vision, life and long-term disability insurance, PTO and the option to participate in our 401(k) plan. Ignited is an equal opportunity employer.
Please send resume with cover letter to email@example.com.
Minimum Education Required